Dutchboy

Funny soon to be ex-whuffo story

I had to share this story. Last week one of my Chinese friends calls me up and asks "Do you still go skydiving on the weekends?". I told him that I did.
"I want to go skydiving", he said.
"When do you want to go?", I asked.
"Next month", he replied.
"Why don't you go this weekend, it's my 1st skydiving anniversary?"
"OK, can I stop by your house and borrow some of your skydiving videos?"
"Sure, why?"
"I need to prepare my mind and body for skydiving."
I thought this was funny. When he came by later that day I actually walked him through the entire jump including all the preparations beforehand. I loaned him one of my other buddy's 1st jump video and "Good Stuff".
I may also get another one of my friends to join him on a 1st jump this weekend.
The Dutchboy
http://www.geocities.com/ppolstra

No luck on a 4th traveler yet. This might not be a bad thing since it seems more likely I'll get something that can really only carry the 3 of us. Hoping to get something worked out soon.

Sounds like you're flying to Quincy this year..? I've never flown in there, but I wonder if they normally close the airport to all but jump planes during the convention.. Have you talked to anybody about it yet? I may(big may at this point) be able to grab an airplane to take to Quincy....but not sure what the deal is with flying in.. I could look for NotAMs, but I'm kinda lazy.....ok, really damn lazy.. :)Mike

I'm not 100% sure, but on the map I've seen, it shows an area marked off for jumpers' personal or private aircraft parking; never having flown in there myself, we are still researching. Dutch'd know more about the situation, or Bird. Guys, feedback?
Brokeneagle.
It's only the giving that makes you what you are... In the end, only kindness matters....

According to the WFFC website the airport is closed from 7:30-20:30 local during the boogie. I was planning on either flying in outside these hours, or flying to another airport close by with car rental, since Broken and Bird wanted to stay off the airport.
We were also planning on flying up to Chicago for a few days (on the 4th or 5th) and then flying down to Quincy for several more days, returning to Atlanta on the 12th.
I had been trying to get a 182 to fly in, but the one I was going to get is on leaseback and the owner flys it alot (it's almost never rented to anybody else but me). Right now I'll take whatever I can get that will take the 3 of us. The flight school where I'm doing my instrument rating might rent me a Cherokee or 172.
The Dutchboy
http://www.geocities.com/ppolstra