tuomas

base training during skydiving?

I am no expert but I would imagine that it's well nigh impossible, given that in BASE you start with 0 relative wind, and from a plane you always have some to work with, even from a Cessna.
Get yo ass to Norway!
E
Edited by Emma on 6/15/01 05:19 AM.

Two words: Mr. Bill
"Oh Noooooooooo........!!!!!!!"
Go to www.blincmagazine.com, they have a lot of good articles on training for BASE. The biggest thing is learning canopy control. Both during deployment & landing.
And ya don't use those little kleenex tissues for parachutes. They gotta be big for maneuverability & stability. So practicing on a 200+ square foot canopy would be wise.
------------
Blue Skies!
Zennie

Y'all remember the guys in Quincy '95? When the 1000' ceiling hit!? All you need is an old RV and a bunch of people to catch you..... Just be sure to give yourself a good spot. Poor fella that missed and landed on his face!!! OUCH!
Peace~
Lindsey
"Well-behaved women rarely make history" ~~somebody

aha a mr bill they have been doing those at langar this year now not being an expert and only seeing the videos the onl way to do them is to get in a death grip and hope your guy is stable when he pulls directly outa the planes and then use knees harness etc climb on his shoulders have a chat about the weatherand all and then off you go into the relative wind yeeeeha
i want to try but alas 48 jumps just aint gonna cut it
c u moooose

I Was There!!! And the damage wasnt to the guy who jumped, it was the "ground crew"....
The "RV BASSE" dude spotted a little short, and the whole of his weight ended up on the 1st pair of people trying to catch him! Their heads slammed into each other... OUCH...
Damm dagerous sport that BASE stuff....