chaz1234

Where to go, Where to go...

Hey gang, I'm going back home to visit the folks in western Massachusetts (Springfield) in a couple of weeks, and of course I've gotta go play in the sky! Wanted to get some advice on a good dropzone to visit for a day or so...any suggestions? I'm looking for a place that's welcoming to out of towners, since I won't no a soul. Maybe I could do a little RW with a fellow dropzone.com junkie? Also, not to be a jump-plane snob, but hopefully I can find a place with at least an Otter, or bigger...you kinda get spoiled jumping at Elsinore!

Is this Chaz as in Chaz Chaz? I mean, the Texan from Elsinore? You'd remember me as Steve. The guy who, amongst other things, rented a car with a damage waiver and brought it to Elsinore just to wreck it. If so, whaddup?! If not, fuck off. Just kidding.
- Macaulay

I'm looking for a place that's welcoming to out of towners, since I won't no a soul. Maybe I could do a little RW with a fellow dropzone.com junkie? Also, not to be a jump-plane snob, but hopefully I can find a place with at least an Otter, or bigger...you kinda get spoiled jumping at Elsinore!

Remember, there's no place like home. And in this case, you will be disapointed in anything less than a twin-turbine a/c. A C-182 *big-way* may be fun, though as you will probably make one pass on jump run... (and you thought the JetRanger was small) Just kidding, but, we are spoiled with big a/c, big d/z, etc...

I'm going back home to visit the folks in western Massachusetts (Springfield) in a couple of weeks

Dude, are we going to cross paths? I'll be on the left side of the country 23 July - 1 August. If not, let's meet somewhere while you're out here!
Pepperell is OK, and has the Otter. I was just out at Jumptown, which was quite cool. Much smaller, but they have a King Air and some great people. It is also quite a bit closer to Springfield (75 minutes vs 2 1/4 hours).
Chuck mentioned the Ranch, which is also cool (Shawanga! Fly, baby fly!), but also a bit of a haul (2 1/2 hours).
Let me know when you plan to be out here.
Carl

Dude, are we going to cross paths? I'll be on the left side of the country 23 July - 1 August.

Hey Carl, we'll end up crossing. I'm flying out on July 22, for a week's visit. Thanks for the tips though...haven't decided which dropzone to visit yet, but maybe that's just reason enough to visit all three! :)