ADRNALN

Riser Gods Hate Me and my Bonehead

Yesterday one my first jump which was an awesome jump I had a super hard opening with a brand new sabre 190. The risers smacked me in head and cracked my new bonehead mindwarp on the side with my Protrack. It crackede from the base in the back all the way to the dytter hole. God I hope Bonehead replaces it. I only had 10 jumps on it. I was lucky A) It hit the helmet not my skull an B)my Protacker was untouched. I was going to buy the Bonehead fullface, now hmmmmmm. If they take care of me it is a done deal.
Has anyone else had a problem with their Mindwarp?

I am fine, actually the jump was awesome so I was way jacked-up! I was jumping with a super Freefly chick. I was doing barrel rolls and orbiting. We were done with the planned dive by 9000 so I flew over to her and she grapped my armgrips then did a "T". I was next and as I did it the backend dropped out, she let go and did a sweet backflip into bellydown. So I didn't notice the slightly bruised chin and broke helmet for at least 30 mins. I made two more jumps after that too.

Mouth:
You are so right, the weekends should be the workdays and the weekdays should be play time.
Freefly chick, no sorry no story there....though she is a total cutie! She is the DZO's daughter - I don't think I want the extra attention!
Wildblue:
It was a rental rig so I didn't pack it. But it was a brand new canopy so a couple of the instructors said it was just a bad pack job. Knocked the shit out of me but I was just like oh well time for red zone turns, WWWWEEEEEEEEE!
I love my bonehead!!!!

I love teaching school sometimes cause I have time off to play, but when work comes I am swamped. Guess I just need to enjoy my time so I'm off to the pool. I can't neglect my tan. Wish they were jumping close...I'd be there.
Sorry about the chick. So maybe you can just look and dream. Forget it, just jump....it's safer.

Freefly chick, no sorry no story there....though she is a total cutie! She is the DZO's daughter - I don't think I want the extra attention!
Wildblue:
It was a rental rig so I didn't pack it. But it was a brand new canopy so a couple of the instructors said it was just a bad pack job.

Did your DZ incorporate all of the new student canopies?? I thought skydivechicago was replacing the safires w/ stilleto hybrids? Man I need to get down to Skydive Chicago and do some jumps!!! Last jump: 04/28/01. God damn I'm too lazy!!!
blue ones,
chris
" I had a drink the other day, opinions were like kittens i was giving them away " - modest mouse

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! Wildblue, that guy in the video could have been me!! I am the king of forgetting-to-put-my-visor down!!

You just need someone like Mosby to help you out! Haha!
Did you notice the guy on the right with his goggles around his neck? (you're famous Eric! Now get some work done!)

Come to think of it.....It may not have been a sabre now that I think about it....I think you are right it was a stilleto hybrid (the name was in very plain sight and I can't remember to save my arse)....SDC hadn't replace all of them as of Saturday but there a lot of them done so far.

Well mate, I can DEFINATELY relate to you on this one...
This weekend I was demoing a canopy (Sabre 150) as I was not sure whether I wanted to go with one or stick to my plan to get a Safire...I know now which it will be.
Upon deployment I got absolutely SPANKED!!! Sore back, risers grazed my face and gave me a gash over my eye, threw my goggles around so I couldn't even identify my canopy's condition...I mean SPANKED!!
Well, needless to say I won't be investing in one. It flew fine, landed well, had a nice flare, but hell, I jump a converted reserve and I am used to hard openings...but this one took it!
Let's hope the new Sabres sort this problem out...I would hate to think that a nice flying canopy had this as its only problem.
Back still recovering....
Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Pyke:P
NZPF A - 2584

Adrnaln,
dont sweat it man, she'd probably laugh if she read these posts!! She does kick ass to jump w/ too, she pretty much finished my AFP program w/ me. I suck to much at Freeflying to do any fun jumps, but that'll change bwahahaha!!
cold ones,
chris
" I had a drink the other day, opinions were like kittens I was giving them away. I had a drink the other day, I had a lot to say " -modest mouse

Slowfaller:
I was correct about the new canopies...they are SABRE 2's. I bet she would laugh. I just wanted to be cautious, wouldn't want to step on anybody's toes especially be new to the scene at SDC. By the way the new canopies fly so sweet but have a bit more lift in deep flair.
Blue to You,
ADRNALN

Adrnaln,
Are those sabre 2's elliptical at all? I definatly need to go down this weekend and jump my brains out, I'm talking 10 jumps because I feel like crap. I'd totally be down for the fourth but, my job put me on-call for this week ( bastards ) oh well nothing a bottle of Jim Beam won't make better :o
peace,
chris

The new Sabres are slightly elliptical. I will be there Thursday evening for a packing class, nothing like waiting 'til the last minute. I am planning to be down there July 14th to complete my AFP 16 & 17 and the Grad jump. Good to hear you are a Jim Beam drinker, support your local companies.

Don't feel to bad. My best friend was jumping this weekend with a brand new pro-track. It was his first jump with it, and guess what. That right his Sabre gave him a major riser slap and he lost his pro-track. That's $290 down the toilet and he didn't even use it one time. Buy the way he hates his Sabre. To many hard openings;+)

It was his first jump with it, and guess what. That right his Sabre gave him a major riser slap and he lost his pro-track. That's $290 down the toilet and he didn't even use it one time.

L&B is really good about that. I've seen numerous accounts of people getting smacked and losing their ProTracks or ProDytters - they get a new one free about 3 days after they tell L&B about it.
Matter of fact, Skreamer had it happen to him and told us all about it here.
Blues, Squares,
PTiger
*insert sub-100 character sig here*

Yep, it certainly sucked when it happened to me, but L&B were awesome. Have you noticed how it is nearly all Boneheads losing audibles to riser slaps? I really do like my Bonehead, but really wish they had kept the old style with the audible mounted inside the 'bulge'. I am hearing from more and more people who have lost audibles from Boneheads, sometime soon I think L&B are going to have to stop replacing lost audibles, since it is really not their fault. Bonehead will probably then be forced to improve audible protection on their helmets.
To be fair though, when I emailed Jeannie (@ bonehead) and told her my story, they did send me two new-style velcro pouches free of charge.
/s