freeflir29

OK...It's Saturday

It seems a few of us poor bastards arent at the DZ. Actually I was earlier but I could only watch cause I had just popped my reserve so I could change it out. Finally got something safe in my container!
Misery loves company. So sound off about wherever you are being held hostage today. I'm at work. Sitting at a desk. I'm now bloated after hawking down several pieces of Pappa John's pizza. Now all I have to do is sit here and surf for the next 5 and a half hours and I'm done. Till tomorrow afternoon! Dammitt.
"I've got pieces of corn in my crap bigger than him" -Fat Bastard
Clay

"wind hold for rentals"
Say what? Are they worried about losing mains and freebags? Sounds like a load of crap to me. Wind hold for rentals....LMAO

having been there, and also grounded due to winds, I believe the hold was really for inexperienced jumpers. For a while they were letting more advanced A license holders and B's jump but later went to just C&D license. The wind out at Byron gets nasty as hell in the afternoon and catching Tandems becomes a sport in and of itsself.
Yesterday we watched it go from 10mph to 24mph in about 15-20 minutes. By just past sunset we were getting gust of 48-49mph.
e