zelda

hoo boy, am I nervous now!!

Hey, all,
I have not jumped since November, when I hurt my shoulder and had a reserve ride because I couldn't reach the handle. I was, of course, grounded until my shoulder healed.
So, 9 months later, I have a letter from my physical therapist and enough cash to get me most of the way through AFF. I'm going to do the FJC again this Sunday and start at Level 4. I have dreamed about skydiving morning noon and night since my last jump, and couldn't wait to get back! Now that I'm actually committed to going, the jitters are starting in a big way!
I don't know why I'm rambling on to all of you like this, except maybe to just get it off my chest.
Anyway, after I get off work today, I'm on vacation until the 4th and with the exception of the three days that my mother is sabotaging (coming to visit), I intend to spend my whole vacation at the DZ!
So, thanks for listening (reading, whatever); I'll let you know how it went when I get back :)blues,
zelda

I took 6 months off not long ago. I entered the #1 back in my log book something like this, "Just like riding a bike!" I was a little nervous before I got out but once I stepped out of Mullin's King Air It all came right back. I didnt get nervous again till after I opened. Then I started thinking about trying to land this chute I had never jumped before. I stood it up!
"Don't give a F$#ck if I'm comin or leavin"-Pappa Roach
Clay

"Just like riding a bike!" I was a little nervous before I got out but once I stepped out of Mullin's King Air It all came right back

Well, that's good to hear!! I think that's what scares me most--that it's been so long that I'll have that whole sensory-overload-brainlock thing...I hope it really is just like riding a bike; my last jump (which was so close to graduating it makes me sick just to think about) was absolutely beautiful until pull time--it was that jump where everything finally clicked, and I felt like I'd been doing it all my life(all fingers, toes and legs are now crossed)...
blues,
zelda

Even more funny was the conversation I had with one of the guys that runs the DZ ( The one we have all sworn not to bash) on the way up. He asked something about what I was doing and when was the last time I jumped. I said "Well...I havent jumped in 6 months. I have never jumped this rig before, it's the smallest canopy size I had ever jumped, BUT I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night." I think he missed the humor of that and just advised me to open a little high. I was planning on that.
"Don't give a F$#ck if I'm comin or leavin"-Pappa Roach
Clay