Thorsin

Fitting XF2 139 into Icon I5?

Guys, need some infos from someone who has tried this.

Going to downsize to a Crossfire2 139 and am curious if it will fit in my Icon I5 or be too small. I have jumped a pilot 168 ZPX, which is a fair fit, Sabre2 150 (which packs a bit bigger than the Pilot) and was wondering about the pack volume of a Crossfire2 139 compared to the Sabre2 150.

Has anyone tried and can tell me if it's an OK fit, loose fit (which it should be) or a too loose fit?

Thx
D

I have a pilot 140 in my Icon I5. Not the ideal sizing, but the design of the closing loop anchor allows you to keep proper pin tension on pretty small sized canopies.

I had down to a 117 non xb in there, that was getting a little squishy!
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

My wife has a safire2 139 in an I-4. Pilot had a 159 in an i5 and it was as small as I felt comfortable, maybe a 149 but not a 139. Depends on conditions and all that but this was a new canopy. My closing loop was just long enough to go from the tab it's in through the grommets. The one time I had a buddy pack for me, he laughed and asked if it was a joke. It's a 2005 icon so maybe it changed. But that's my 2 cents
I was that kid jumping out if his tree house with a bed sheet. My dad wouldn't let me use the ladder to try the roof...