ShortBus

Advice on Learning Head down

im a low-time jumper who is trying to learn how to freefly i can sit and stand pretty good but im having a hell of a time going head down and staying stable can anyone give me some suggestions on body positions, exits or anything thats going to help me stay head down.
thank ya much
Dan
"get on the bus"

Yeah I'd really like to know to.
I mean I can't even really jump alone yet I gotta finish my PFF this weekend.. Which will be insane. Ive been saving up and this weekend will be epic. Im going to jump as much as possible.. Anyways yeah.. Head down .. Thats probably one of the first things I want to get into once Im on my own. It looks rad.

Headdown might look "rad" but there are lots of saftey issues involved in freeflying. "Corking" is the most feared and the easiest on to do. Corking is the rapid deceleration from freefly speed(180+) to belly or slower speeds(120). Sitting is the easiest position to get into and stay stable in. DON'T GO out with more then 1 other person who is HIGHLY experienced in freeflying before you can stay stable, go unstable and recover to a stable FAST postion. Then standing is easy to get into after 20-30 stable sit jumps. Learn to alter your speeds for jumping with more then 1 other person. Once you learn that then back to solo jumps to learn headdown for 20-30 jumps.
Flying on your belly is great..... if thats all you can do! ;)