speedformula

no more skydiving for at least two weeks

Oh man !! all i wanna do is skydive !!!
and now its all gone to shit !! I've been thinking the whole thing over in my head and it's not looking good,
first of all, the FAA is really gonna put skydiving under the microscope, given the fact that a small plane can easily be hijacked (yeah right, specially on a load full of degenerate skydivers)but nevertheless they (FAA) might perceived this as a treath, second, even if we get the ok to continue to jump, for some reason or another jump prices are gonna take a hike (that sucks) and furthermore, as a new security measure skydivers will probably be required to acquire new skydiving licenses that require background checks and shit.
so,,, however you slice it,, we probably end up jumping in other countries
ok, i know you all hate me for being crude and pessimistic, but you know im at least 50% right, I hope im totally wrong, bucause all i wanna do is jump and... and get loaded afterwords with my buddies at the DZ.
fuck this sucks ass !! (this fuckers could at least wait til the winter arrived) sorry for the cussing, im bummed
Blue skies
so

Dude..first off I can feel your frustration with the whole situation, we are all frustrated but thats a lot of speculation you got going here.
I dont think there going to just pick on skydivers, if there'er going to break out the "microscope "it will be over everyone in the smaller private plane companies. Price hikes on the jump tickets..well thats a very good possibility but a business is a business and has to do what it can to stay alive. As for new license and back ground checks I highly doubt that would ever happen unless your jumping for the FBI or CIA.(cough spectra cough);) I dont know man I'm just guessing like you but man you seem pretty paroniod;). Thats cool though we all need a little paranoiya in our lives.
jason

I know how you feel, I feel the same way. Heck, just a few weeks ago I earned my B-License and I'm still paying on my rig. Then what? Just stare at it as it sits in my corner. That would suck.
I would seriously hope that the FAA doesn't shut skydiving down. A terrorist hopes to disrupt our current lifestyle and events. Stopping skydiving is adjusting our lifestyles (well, at least those of us sensible enough to know the thrill of skydiving :P).
There is so much hype over how to tighten security on airlines. We probably needed the security reinforcements. The terrorists have already played that card. If they want to attack us, they'll think of another way. Heck, maybe the next thing to be considered banning is bass fishing or water-skiing after some attack with a speed boat.

we all need a little paranoiya in our lives

Is that the Russian spelling? ;)
Seriously, tho. Paranoia is what we don't need right now. These restrictions you site could happen, if you lay back and take it. These along with less-reasonable search and siezure, more relaxed rules on wiretapping, the ability for the police to more easily inspect your bank accounts, the list goes on. Never mind the increased costs and delays in air travel that are not going to materially reduce the risk of terrorism.
Check out the EFF and ACLU pages.