pchapman

Vector III main closing loop from bottom of tray?

So I've seen a recent Vector III (built Dec '12) where the main closing loop comes from the bottom of the tray -- or more precisely, from triangular webbing at the junction between main and reserve trays.

A new option perhaps? Or has it been around a while?

For so many years it seemed that UPT was dead set on having a bottom-flap based closing loop only, with their very specific 1 5/8" length.

The current manual, 2010, says nothing about the new method. Companies are always about "follow the manual!" but then can't keep up with all their new options and changes....

While there are debates, I like the pack tray based main loops for accommodating different canopy pack volumes. Their webbing folded into a triangular shape does provide for good snag protection, better than the old Vector II method.

I had forgotten that thread, thanks.

The new presumably optional location is not on the Vector III / Micron order form either.

Rig manufacturers would do better if they could inform people better about all their options (even if there can be a confusing number of them).

More than once I've seen people discover an unusual option and say "I never considered that rig because I prefer option X, but that company never had it. Now I see they will do it, but it isn't even on their order form or web site!"

Picked up a vector made in Nov of 2013 it has loop coming from just below the reserve tray above the main bag. I talked to UPT about why they changed the location from the bottom flap. They said it was mainly for aesthetics. After a while the rigs with loops on the bottom flap would bend and crease where the reserves and main meet. Now with the loop coming right up from that point it keeps the rig from folding on itself and creasing/becoming disproportional.