jtval

skydive australia...aussie's help me out here.

ok iv eposted before about going to australia. but now im ACTUALLY plannign the trip. like i said in my previous posts... i will be there soon, but i need some helpful info about the place. i want to be close to a dz but also close enough to the barrier reef. where would you suggest. and what is the name of a close dz
any help would be greatly appreciated. I'll see you down under...uh- in australia , i mean haha
have funLIVE FREE,skydive
JT

well the barrier reef is in cairns which does have dz but im not sure wether or not they r tandem or fun jumpers check out www.apf.asn.au best bet prob fly to brisbane go to ramblers for a couple of days (its a great dz :-) ) hire a car and drive up to cairns you will be able to then stop on the way to lots of different places ie sunshine coast bundaburg (home of bundy rum :-) ) and lots of other cool places
i live my life 14000 ft at a time, nothen else matters, in that 60 seconds or less im free

check out
http://www.tq.com.au/
http://www.destinationqueensland.com/tq.cfm
http://www.paulsparachuting.com.au/
http://www.skydive.net.au
http://www.ramblers.com.au
so when r u planning on coming
i live my life 14000 ft at a time, nothen else matters, in that 60 seconds or less im free

The great barrier reef extends from the northernmost point of the eastern coast (The cape york penninsula) all the way down to just north of bundaberg. Heading south past this boarder you could hit quite a few dropzones.. among the better of those (From what ive been told) is Port Maquarie. Supposed to be a descent place... but thats at least 350 miles away...
if you search the internet for skydiving australia you should be able to find links to dropzones. I did this and didnt really spend much time cause most of the websites were tailored to tandems...... Ill ask my australian friends for some good dropzones in the reef area
a website for Queensland travels is : www.queensland-holidays.com.au
I cant recomend enough "Frommer's Australia 2001" the book is absolutely amazing. It gives a good insight into the real side of australia. its aimed at travelers, not tourists. It lists everything from prices for lodging (cheap, moderate, very expensive) to what bus to catch to get from point A to point B!
An australian friend of mine actually pursuaded me to buy it. It didnt really take much, but of all the selections it was the ONE that he thought was the best for a traveler.
Along with the book i also purchased a cheap, soft bound oversized atlas. I pulled the australian map out and have all the 'hot spots' that sparked my interest marked down on it.
Ive read this book so many times, and have analized the map so often that im probably more familiar with australia than the USA right about now!
have fun! lemme know when youre going.. I might just be there at the same time. we could meet up or something.
kel
"i can not attest to what i did, just what i remember...."
~me, after one too many

JT,
you dont have to go to australia and be a friggin tourist. be a traveler. Im telling you, that book that i mentioned above gives out so many secrets to making it in australia with little money. You can also buy bus passes/ public transportation tickets for 1 week, 1 month etc etc ahead of time from here in the states. it saves you money. want to travel round australia via airplanes? buy open ended tickets now, it costs less than what the aussies pay.
dont be a tourist! IF youre going all the way to australia make plans to do more than just skydive! its a whole other world out there, something unlike anything else....
kel (the one anxiously awaiting here travels thru the outback)
"i can not attest to what i did, just what i remember...."
~me, after one too many

yep.
ramblers at toogoolawah is one of the best.been around a bit in my time,(incl usa),and never seen better.
resident kangaroos,koalas,and parrots.great parties ,with the best people,and the best dzo in the world.
mcevoy is god! guaranteed fun time! no shit.
btw, fulltime caravan.
don't miss it.
des

kelly--
trust me i WILL do way more then just skydive. i plan on being there for 3-4 weeks. i am gonna travel likke a fool. i have been traveling for the last few years. but buying that stuff in the states will be a problem. see, im in korea right now. we have alot of discounted stuff here through the a.f. but any info is well apreciated and i thank you. when my phone line gets hokoked up and i can spend more then 10 minutes at a time on line i will surf like a fool trying to find all the good info
des, skyhawk---
thanks for the info i will be seeing you when im there. ill letcha know when ill be there, as soon as i know more.
so where can i go to box a kangaroo?(im not serious, i like my body in tact) butis it true that there are showas like that where ppl box trained roos? hhaha
have funLIVE FREE,skydive
JT

"the roo went NUUTS?"
Don't remember for sure but it seems like it was the typical stupid human thing. Kinda like the one of a guy in Spokane, WA throwing snowballs at a moose. It didn't take long before she pumeled him....:)
"The sky resembles a back lit canopy...with holes punched through it"- Incubus
Clay