Michele

Help me - song identification....

Hi, all.
There is a commercal for Applied Materials that has the refrain/chorus of a song. I don't know who the song is by, and I don't know what the title is. The refrain goes something like this:
Sweet,
I'm in the middle of something
Sweet,
No one can take this away from me.
Dreams,
And it's gonna be something
Sweet,
No one can take that away from me.
Any way, it's alright....
Hope that's enough for you music detectives to id the song. It's something I would love on a skydiving vid.....
Ciels-
Michele
"What of the dreams that never die? Turn to your left at the end of the sky".
~e e cummings~

Male singer.
Sounds like some of the new top 40 bands. Definitely *not* teeny booper, rap, r/b/, country, jazz. Not hard rock, more like late '90's rock (still can't remember). Not metal.
Sorry I can't name the exact type of music - I am having a wine-induced brain lock.
And thanks! I appreicate it very much.....I even went to Applied materials website, to see if there is a commercial I could link, but no luck.....
Ciels-
Michele
~e e cummings~

Thanks, Brandon. Really appreciated. It's one of those songs that stay in my head, and after I have heard it, I walk around singing it. If someone can't tell me the name, I am just gonna go and sing it to the guys at the music store. That'll make them all have headaches and utterly embarrass me, so any help before I resort to that would be totally grand.
Says Scott:

I am sure that if you could hum a few bars we could help you more....

I love to sing, but I can't sing to save my life. It would NOT help, it would only make you laugh long and hard at me. I give y'all enough excuses to laugh at me, this one I think I'll avoid!
And thanks to you, too, Scott. That quote was on a card my mother sent me, congratulating me on my graduation from AFF, and telling me how proud (and scared) of me she was that I still jumped after my cut away. I have that card posted on my board, so that I can't forget about the dreams that stay; no matter how hard life is, those dreams stay. And there they are, where we can go visit them......in the sky, at the end, turn left......:)Ciels to you both-
Michele
~e e cummings~

ok Michele,
After about 5 minutes of research using my super internet searching brain and narrowing down keywords, I have found what you are looking for. ;-)
Artist - Hairy Monster
song - Dream
I was lucky enough to find the commercial on there site too while I was searching around. Here is a link to all the commercials from applied Materials.
http://www.appliedmaterials.com/about/ife_ads.html
Enjoy :)
-Jason
ps, I have yet to find the full version, but I haven't looked very hard.

THHHAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNKKKKKK YOU!!!!!!!
Now, if I can get it on the cd player, it might just get out of my head! And then to get some new, non-aff footage and overdub that onto it.......Quade, LTDiver, SBS, any other Perris/Elsinore vidiot, available to go play????? Sometime in the next two weeks I should get back in the air..............
Jason, you're my hero!!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! (And while it only took you five minutes, it would have taken me three years. I am computer stupid.....I didn't know about Napster until the lawsuit came out........)
Ciels- and I owe you a beer, Jason!
Michele
~e e cummings~

No Problem, There is a few big threads going on about that song, but no one can find the full version. I sent an email to applied materials, maybe I will get a response. I can rip the 60 seconds of audio, I just don't know how good I could loop it.
Anyway, I will let you know if I hear anything from them. I have also searched all the music sites I can find, and nothing comes up. Its the first artist I haven't been able to find in about. (since jessica is sooooooooo smart with her IQ and all, maybe she could find something. Oops, put that on the wrong thread, wonder if i pissed her off yet. wink wink)
Maybe someday when I get through AFF I will travel down south to jump. Money is tight so no lessons for me. But the good news is that I have another job. They send me all over california. I am supposed to drive to LA next week. Maybe one day I will get to meet you and take you up on that beer.
-Jason