landmissle

The ecstacy and the agony

Despite the title this is not about sexual deviant adventures involving, say tabasco sauce as a lubricant.
I've been without for two months now. I sold my first love, a Safire 169 eight weeks ago and ordered another canopy shortly thereafter. I'll leave the model name out so as not to make this a public bash-fest; however, a little searching on this site and you might be able to figure it out.
So as I was saying, I found myself without and in order to fullfill my lustfull addiction, I pimped myself out to just about every canopy manufacturer out-there, demoing their maidens. These weekend flings were exciting and fullfilling to a certain extent, but passion alone can't sustain the soul when only true love will do. The weeks passed and parade continued. Some were docile and obedient and others wild,challenging me to conquer them. And yet my heart whispered the name of another who was waiting just on the far side of a sun-rise and an hour unknown.
Finally, a ring of the bell and a thump on the porch, and this Wednesday witnessed our first shared glance. Brown packaged mundane and on label my misspelled name, I was sure this weekend we would dance. I opened her box, and her lines curled like loks, lay ontop of her shimmering dress. I caressed her out flat and stared as I sat, and drank in the beauty of my new love's flesh. My eyes gazed and admired, my heart filled with desire as I flipped her over, to expose her top skin. I let out a gasp and puckered my ass.....what the hell were they thinkin'!
Ack! It's all wrong. While her under belly is perfect her top side is all screwed up. And unlike an ugly date, I can't bag her when in public. Two months of whoring myself out, feeling guilty, cheap, and the constant ache of the wait for this. FOR THIS?!
The worst part of it is, that as disfigured as she appears, she's still tempting me, beckoning me to ride her to heights she's yet to attain. Damn it all! Don't do it. Just like a stray mangy flea infested cat, show it a little tenderness and a bowl of milk. Bam! It never leaves and everyone knows you love stinky pussy.
So now really seriously, has anyone had this happen to them before. Not the cat, the canopy.....Has anyone recieved a canopy that was in someway incorrect? How did the manufactorer deal with the situation? Did they understand the trauma they put you through, the soul reeming, the wadding-up of your dreams like cheap tiolet paper in the hairy crack of a homeless person. Did they apologize, maybe give you a demo to hold you over until they made ammends. In other words, did they kiss your ass, or were they callus, cold and indifferent, told you to stick it and made you eat the cost of your stinky pussy, er canopy. Aw whatever! It's mid-night, I'm distraught, a litlte punchy, and frankly, don't give a damn .
Any comments?
Feet up, heads down, blue skies,
Landmissle

In my expericences, It seems that the gear makers are more then willing to correct a mistake if they made it. Sometimes it takes a little effort to prove the mistake, like resending the original order and their first confirmation showing that they knew what you wanted. If you see that their records are off from the original reciept, then its a hard call. Because you approved them to build something, wrong colors/lines/size, but approved it none the less. Sunpath has some really great deals on some Dash-M reserves they are stuck with because they came in the wrong color. If its the makers fault, I'm yet to hear of one that does'nt go out of their way to fix it. If they don't do that, post the story here, AFTER talking to them a few times. Go up the chain as high as possible to get it solved before trashing a company publicaly.
I'm not sure what to put here right now.....

Hi PhreeZone,
Thanks, for the reply. My intentions with this post was not to publicly trash a company. Far from it. That's why I didn't mention their name. Yes, I suggested how to find out who it is, but that's only because that to any post junkie I figured it was blatantly obvious on how to do so.
Rather, my post was just a humorous (at least I think so, and I should know since I'm my favorite fan.....maybe only fan by the looks of things.) and satirical expression of the situation. I think being a little disappointed in such a situation would be a normal reaction for most folks, and whether I like to admit or not, I do have a little normality (is that a word?) coursing through my viens. I've tried to stamp most of it but, alas, a little still lingers, a stale fart in the elevator of life if you will.
I have not contacted the fine folks < no sarcasim here> that made my canopy yet because of the holidays. So as far as I know, this situation may lead quite smoothly to a perfectly acceptable resolution. Then again, maybe not. And hence that's why I posted; a tonque 'n cheek request for feed-back from others that may have found themselves in a similar situation.
So, let's clear this up right now.
Now hear this! Now hear this! Landmissle is NOT public trashing, bashing, or otherwise dissing a fine reputable canopy manufacturer. He was publicly espousing his satire in a situation that most others would find dissapointing, if not a itsy bitsy teeny weeny bit frustrating. In doing so he managed to, and without not too much effort, on his part, expose himself for the ASSHOLE he really is. That is all......

Alright, hopefully that clears things up now. Now will somebody please like me before I build up a complex and do something really stupid,....like well.....jump out of a perfectly good airplane.
Landmissle
P.S. Hey Clintonradoff, and you thought you had it bad.......

I like the way you write. (Except for the referrals to certain things. Must be a guy thing.) Overall I thought it was a nicely written piece expressing your thoughts at that moment.
No worries. Whoever it is (I dont care) they will fix it. Besides, it cant be any uglier than Ramon's. j/k
Skydive~Friends~Happiness
AirAnn
http://www.AirAnn.com

.... before trashing a company publicaly

I might be misunderstanding you here, but I don't think Landmissle was trying to trash anyone...he was just expressing his disappointment over the canopy not being right. All that anticipation and the months of waiting, and then such a big let down, that's all.
[proposition]
Hey, Landmissle! If you promise to leave the tabasco sauce behind, maybe I can...ummm...offer you some "comforting" whilst you await the arrival of your correct canopy?! hehehe And, I know she doesn't hold much excitement for you, but if I'm not flying my Spectre you are more than welcome to fly her anytime you want :-)
[/proposition]
Blue skies, light winds,
Karen

I did'nt mean it that he was doing that in his posts. Its just that on the Wreck. and in some cases on here, people posted comments without ever getting in touch with the gear dealer or maker to try and resolve it. I have said bad things about stuff before, but 99.9% of the time its after working it to the end of my wits. Look at the guy SkyBytch was trying to help the other week..... Did'nt do anything, just called and bitched all the time. (Sorry Clinton)
BTW Landmissle, I've got a 150 in that same canopy thats going up for sale in a little bit if you want it....
I'm not sure what to put here right now.....

I did'nt mean it that he was doing that in his posts. Its just that on the Wreck. and in some cases on here, people posted comments without ever getting in touch with the gear dealer or maker to try and resolve it. I have said bad things about stuff before, but 99.9% of the time its after working it to the end of my wits. Look at the guy SkyBytch was trying to help the other week..... Did'nt do anything, just called and bitched all the time. (Sorry Clinton)
BTW Landmissle, I've got a 150 in that same canopy thats going up for sale in a little bit if you want it....

Hi, PhreeZone!
Thanks for the reply...I know what you mean about many of the posts on wreck dot. I was probably just being over protective of hubby, that's all :-) Either way, no harm done, and I know that Steve will be in touch with the mfg right after the holiday to get the problem all worked out.
Blues skies!
Karen

Don't sweat this. That main will become part of the Demo fleet and you will be hooked up in no time. I am assuming you have already contacted Dan directly? PM me and give me the skinny.
Chuck
And, YES, I have had the exact same thing happen to me. Wrong color ribs and stabs on a Monarch 135 I had ordered many moons ago.
My webpage HERE

Thanks for the compliment Airann. I'm generally not so base, really!
I normally hang around in the "Gear and Rigging" section where my posts are universally responded to. It seems to me ( and I may be mistaken here...) that the "Talkback" forum is more fickle and perhaps a little cliquish (sp?). Keeping that in mind, right or wrong, a sure-fire way to garnish attention in "Talkback" is a liberal sprinkling of sexual overtones, a steaming stock of base profanity and an exaggerated extract of sexual misadventure to bind it all together. Shake well. Let ferment. Guarenteed to peg the hit-o-meter.
So if you were offened, please don't take offense, I was only giving the people what they wanted.
Landmissle