chopchop

Atlanta Airsportz Rocks!!!

I went to Atlanta Airsportz on Saturday and had a fantastic time. What a friendly bunch of people. AND what an awesome day. From freeflying with Kat and Eric Deren to lurking a tandem (my date) to a really cool night jump, it was one of my best skydiving days to date. It all culminated with Eric mixing vodka and Red Bulls to help wash down the chicken barbeque, mashed potatoes and brocoli. My date, the tandem student, hung around from morning through night jumps and was never bored. Everyone was so friendly to her that she didn't feel out of place at all. And Kat, we should have taken you up on your generous offer to stay the night. We never did get out to Ballyhoos and I never got out to SDA on Sunday. Thanks again guys for a great time.
chopchop
PD makes canopies all day long, you only have one life, when in doubt, cut away...

I agree chopchop!!!!!
I got there on Friday and stayed until Sunday. I'm a novice jumper and haven't jumped for 4 months. Sandor, the s&ta, spent at least 6 hours with me for 1 on 1 training over the course of the weekend. The safety level at this dz is really reassuring.
Ron, Sandor, Kat, & JR make an awesome team and treated me like family from the start.
Your night jump looked like a blast!!!
I had several firsts: first jump from a porter, first jump from 14k, first time jumping with a pud, and of course-- first time mixing vodka and red bull (I don't seem to remember anything after that!)
I brought beer, but I don't know if anyone drank beer that night, Eric brought enough Red Bull and vodka for an army.
I really like the way Kat spent so much time matching jumpers up on manifest so everyone would be able to get the most out of their jumps. Everyone there is there because they love skydiving.
On top of everything else, the weather was wonderful.
I loved the video of your gf, her eyes got Sooooo big right before you all left the plane and the first words out of her mouth on the ground was 'I want to do it again!'
Now all you have to do is teach her to pack ;-)
Atlanta Airsportz is a really really cool dz.
MIlo

Glad you had a great time. I'll say that you definately missed some awesome Free Flyin and Swoopin at SD Atlanta! I had some of the coolest jumps ever this weekend and all but one were on video. I also pulled off one of the smoothest and longest surfs I have ever done. A couple people got in night jumps in the beautiful weather Saturday evening. One great weekend!!!
"I got some beers....Let's Drink em!!!"
Clay

ok i am jealous...
i was suppose to go up and hang out with you guys in rome on saturday night, but i had a death in the family and had to go to tennessee instead
oh well, there will be many more weekends like this one to come
glad to hear you guys had a good time
and yes the airsportz gang is too cool
hisgoofyness
its a bird, its a plane, no wait, its one goofy s.o.b.

I sure had a blast, even though I could only stay for a while and only got in those 2 jumps. The jumps were both really cool, except for the ambiance (chopchop?!) on the ride up on the 2nd load.
I was giving a guy his first flying lesson after I left. He was really enjoying it, but we never made it off the ground. The low voltage warning light came on while we were taxiing. :( Turns out the the brand new voltage regulator failed (sound familar Ron?). I did get to fly with him on Sunday though. I had a blast. My student was sooooo excited that he got me excited too.
The Dutchboy
CFI, CFII, AGI, IGI
http://www.philsflying.com

Thanks, guys- you both said it so well, and I quite agree!! Atlanta Airsportz ROCKS!!! B| chopchop, milo, very glad you guys made it out to our slice of happiness; your date was a very cool tandem student- loved those eyes on her video, and J.R.'s slo-mo video of the kiss before the jump was damn good editing, LOL! T'was veddy veddy good to meet more of our dz.com brothers! :D What a gorgeous weekend- an excellent time was had by all- you're always welcome to come play, jump, and feast with us! Sorry I missed you, Dutch, the night jump was very cool- ground crew for me :)Brokeneagle.
I'm really very gentle, no matter what my kung-fu teacher says...

they do, they do... especially if you've got kind of a lumpy head like mine... but sometimes it's like this
uh, hi.. nice to meet you... oh, we've met, I'm sorry, I had an accident last summer... oh, we met in Dec.? uh.. hmmm... *slap* OUCH! whuffo you hit me?
chopchop
PD makes canopies all day long, you only have one life, when in doubt, cut away...