Beachbum

Tracking for the Pond ...

Well ... seem to be a lot of serious posts the past day or so .. decided to add one more. Being pretty new to the board, I'm not sure if this is inappropriate and will get killed or not ... but here goes.

The American Cancer Society's Relay For Life event will be April 26-27 in College Station. I am going to be part of a team that has been named Tracking for the Pond in honor of a man who has terminal lung cancer. He is the person who got me into skydiving, and has become a close friend ... I am quite honored to be asked to be on the team. I was very fortunate to get to make a jump with him shortly after I got off student status, since I believe he will not be able to jump any longer. I expect that a lot of the Houston area folks on here know him. As team members we have been asked to raise funds in advance of the event, and have been told that all funds raised in this effort will remain in the community. ACS donations are tax deductible, and proper documentation will be provided. Anyone interested in participating please let me know and I'll email you for further info or answer any questions (if I don't know, I'll find out). Thanks!

Ok ... I have a mailing address, a website, and a slight correction ... the tax deduction thing, is worded "donations over $5 are deductible" .... Please include your return address, and they also asked for a telephone number, tho I'm not sure that is required.
Website for the event is http://rangeweb.tamu.edu/relayforlife
donations can be mailed to our team captain at:
Angie Morehead
911 Lazy Lane
Bryan, TX 77802
thanks again!