getting your A license abroad - problems??

Hi all - thanks to all of you who recommended dz's to me for my AFF - i have been looking into all of them, and the pro's and con's of going there.
So far, for a number of reasons Empuria Brava (www.skyrats.com) seems the most likely, being only a short hop away in Spain.
However, i want to make sure that i can get my A license there, and have it recognised back in the UK - i have already had one email back from the guys there, saying that after completion of AFF i would have to do a jump from 5000ft to have the course certified by the BPA (on a side note, anyone know the reasoning behind this 5k jump post AFF to get BPA recognised?).
I would then need to take an application form back to the UK with me to get my A.
What i was wondering was if anyone in this situation has basically got their A abroad and had any trouble getting it recognised back at home in the UK?
I have contacted the BPA but not specifically about this question of getting the A abroad, only doing AFF abroad.
Can anyone help out? Thanks to all those that reply...

Where do you intend to jump? Are you based in the UK? (your profile doesn't say - somewhere between Iceland and Egypt!)
Check with your intended drop zone - they are the ones you will have to convince that you have completed the required AFF levels and jumps.
AFF in the UK is: AFF levels 1-7 various drills, competence and manoeuvres (stable pos'n, turns, back flip, tracking) AFF level 8 is hop 'n' pop - exit at 5000ft with a 5-10 second delay, to get stable and pull.
To get to CAT8 (A licence) you also need to complete 10 consolidation (solo) jumps. If you manage to do all this in Spain (i didnt, coz i was crap :() when you return, your CCI should sign your A licence application form to say that you have attained the required level. All down to the CCI - so check with the DZ first.
I personally got to AFF level 5 (in 13 jumps :$ ) in Spain, then continued the remaining levels in the UK. *I* personally didint have any problem with the UK DZ / CCI accepting that I had attained that level over in Spain...
Bottom line - speak to the DZ/CCI
- oh, and have fun !
Phil
---
If you have to ask, you don't understand

Hi Newbie
I would really recommend you get video on a couple of your jumps in Spain, this will go a far way to verifying your log-book etc. I did AFF in South Africa and then made 12 jumps in California. My last jump in South Africa was my AFF hop n pop graduation jump, so I had to do a check-out jump in California (basically an AFF level 7 jump) which was fair enough. On my return to the UK I then got my BPA A-license signed off without having to actually jump in the UK, ie I had already met all the requirements and had the video and document proof.
You are in the same situation I was in - get video on a couple of jumps if you can afford it and phone a couple of DZs in the UK. Use tact though, people appreciate that the weather is shit here, but try and see it from their point of view as well. (ie don't expect them to tongue your bum because you did AFF abroad)
Will
"Don't die until you're dead"

The AFF in Spain *USUALLY* includes a video of the *FIRST* jump of that level... For example... My AFF level 5 and 6 vids are TERRIBLE! Flat spinnig nall over the sky... not the thing you want to show to your future CCI :D.
So - if you pass each level on the first jump - then you have a nice video to show!
If you fail dismally, when you do qualify - you have a nice video to show all your new DZ buddies when the weather is shite and everyone's bored at the DZ :P
Ditto on the bum tonguing - tact and politeness is the key.
Phil
---
If you have to ask, you don't understand