mountainman

Help with Perl/CGI form mail...

HI there computer programmers.
I have a Perl/CGI script that I have been using on my internet site so people can send a name, email, and message to me.
Yesterday, I tried to add some entries to it so it will suit my mother-in-laws new website for her business. However, when I try it, it will not work.
If someone is willing, can you let me know and I'll it to you for an "operation"? I am not sure why it isn't working since I'm new to it. Also, I don't know if since the page would be hosted on another server from the actual CGI file, but I don't think that would matter as long as it points to the correct file.
Thanks a lot guys!
JumpinDuo.com...come and sign the guestbook.

what error messages are you getting?
Is it sending anyhting at all?
there are two things that you'll need to make a form field work
(remember I really suck at perl -lol - I use php for this)
You'll have to name the form fields appropriately
You'll have to tell the script to not only get the value of that form field, but to send it in the email, and write it to the email.
Your best bet in my oinion is to start over, duplicate every instance of ONE existing form field, change the name and change the script to match, and get one to work first.
also remember to set the file permissions properly, something I always forget cause you dont have to do that in php :).....there is no spoon
--------------------
My website

If you can get ahold of your server logs it would help a lot. Also, if you are running the formmail script from Matt's Script Archive, stop right now and use the same script from here: http://nms-cgi.sourceforge.net/scripts.shtml
Matt may have the most popular scripts on the Internet but they are horribly written and often have security holes. He also doesn't 'use strict' and run in taint mode (a cardinal sin when writing CGIs with Perl). The NMS site I linked to has drop-in replacements done by people who know what they are doing.
Anyway, if you want to send me the appropriate few lines of the logs or a link to the page, drop me a PM and I'll look at it.
--
Brian