skymama

Computer geeks- I need your help please

I'm making a templete in Word in XP. It has a header and footer on it. I want the header and footer to show up on the first page, but not any other pages after it. I went to the page setup in the header/footer box, but it only says "different first page", and when I click that the whole thing disappears! I know there's gotta be a way to do this. Any suggestions?
Andrea
I'm high as a kite
I just might
Stop and check you out.

when you click on the "different first page" box, you should then be able to edit the first page header and footer, independently of the header and footer for the rest of the document.
Just make sure that "different first page" box is checked and click on OK.
then go to View -> Header and Footer, and it will give you the chance to edit the first page header. Scroll down for the footer, and down even further for the header and footer for the rest of the document.
:)In an argument, you can never prove you're right. The best you can do is prove that they are more wrong.

Try this
open a blank document and go to view, headers and footers you should get a tool bar in the middle of the screen go to the book that says page set up there's a box that says "different first page" Don't know if that will do what you want but it's worth a try.
B.L.

but, I don't want to edit the first page, I want it exactly how I just made it. I just don't want any other subsequent pages to do it. And, I don't want to have to set it up every time, I want it to be automatic everytime I use this templete. There's no way to set it up like that?
Andrea
I'm high as a kite
I just might
Stop and check you out.

but, I don't want to edit the first page, I want it exactly how I just made it. I just don't want any other subsequent pages to do it. And, I don't want to have to set it up every time, I want it to be automatic everytime I use this templete. There's no way to set it up like that?

Just cut and paste what you have already done, from the header that you have already done into the first page header on a new document. Do the same for the footer. Then just save it as a template. Tada!
In an argument, you can never prove you're right. The best you can do is prove that they are more wrong.

Andrea,
I just pm'ed you but I don't know if you got it, cause the PM system gave me the error that seems more common than not.
In an argument, you can never prove you're right. The best you can do is prove that they are more wrong.

it seems to work if you put you header and foot on the first page, then select different first page in the page setup section and delete the header and footer formt he second page.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
bunky
get crazy, before it gets you.

On the first page, select "Different First Page" and Apply to: "This Section", then "OK". The Header/Footer while in edit mode should say "First Page Header-Section 1".
Then go to the second page, deselect "Different First Page" and select Apply to: "This Point Forward", then click "OK">
The header/footer for the second and subsequent pages should say "Header(or Footer)-Section 2 Same As Previous" and you are done.
B| Gemini
... Let go dude! I can't land with you hanging on!...

Thanks for all your help, you guys (and Lummy too on AIM). I finally got it to work, and we're good to go. I actually earned my pay today, because this has really been bugging my boss!
Andrea
I'm high as a kite
I just might
Stop and check you out.

No es problemo......
And thank you for getting that Nellie Furtado song out of my head.. Now I have your sig song stuck in there :)
Myhead is a jukebox..... I think I scare people on the train sometimes ;)
One shot... HEY!!! Mas Tequila!!!!
Two Shots HEY HEY!!!!
Three Shots.......