chadsmith1991

Protrack audible

Bertt

My manual is a few years old, but on page 26-27 it explains automatic and economize modes. See if that helps.

It will always turn the display off, regardless of which of those modes you have it set to. in economize mode, however, it will also turn the device off completely after a certain number of hours (I forget how many).
"It's amazing what you can learn while you're not talking." - Skydivesg

On the way up in the plane, you should see it flash a small "Altitude" readout, every 7 seconds or something. That'll tell you that it is on.

You'll also find that button presses on the ground do different things depending on whether it is On or Off. e.g, left button press gives the 1111 display if it is On, prompting you to go through the presses to bring up the full screen.

But that's all from memory so I might have details wrong.

it will also turn the device off completely after a certain number of hours (I forget how many).

14 Hours in Economy.
When you go to turn it on later, pressing the left button should bring up the 1111 and then a loud beep as the lcd displays a test flash.

It should flash "altitude" every 7 seconds on the ride up. As well as a beep at 1k.

As others have said, yes. It is still on.

From completely off, when you hit a button, it powers up. The entire display will show up (all the characters on the screen) for a moment, and it will beep twice.

As you have noticed, after a minute, it will 'go to sleep.' If you push a button, it will show '1111'. While it still shows that, push and hold a button until it shows '2222' then release. The display will come back on and show the jump log. You can then press the buttons to work through the various displays and functions.

In the plane, as you climb, the display will flash "altitude" every few seconds. At 1000', it will beep. The beep pattern will tell you the altitude the 1st alarm is set for. That tells you it is on and working.

This is all in the manual.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo