fastmartin2002

are u whuffo if

I spent $85 on 2 jumps yesterday. Jumps were $20. Did one with a coach so I payed for his slot (but the coaching was free), and there was a $25 registration fee because there was "free" food, beer, and a band at night, and an organizer. I thought $25 was just a tad excessive, especially since I couldn't stick around at night and didn't use the organizer. But whatever, I had a good time so I guess it was worth the money. Definitely not a cheap sport, no matter how you look at it. But I think it's worth spending excessive amounts of money on. :)As far as terminal velocity goes, I think it's been covered pretty well. It's just when the downward forces (weight) equal the upward forces (drag and lift). An open parachute is falling at it's terminal velocity. Terminal velocity also isn't an "absolute" speed limit. You can be travelling faster than terminal velocity. You just can't stay faster because above terminal velocity, there'll be more drag and/or lift than weight.
Dave
http://www.skydivingmovies.com