mountainman

the World Cup is rigged!!

I have to agree the World Cup is rigged, the Germans along with the Officals cheated the US out of that game with penalties!!
And some people in the world wonder why soccer/football isn't that big a sport in the US ... Blah stupid sport anyways!!
"You must first be a sheep, before you can lead the sheep" - Albert Einstien

I have to agree the World Cup is rigged, the Germans along with the Officals cheated the US out of that game with penalties!!
And some people in the world wonder why soccer/football isn't that big a sport in the US ... Blah stupid sport anyways!!

I dont think that anyone cheated them out of it. They are all in on it and get big payoffs. The US couldn't stop fouling which really screwed them. For like 15 minutes at the end, there were yellow cards flying!
And the reason its not big in the US is that we dont appreciate "real" sport. Some people here think NASCAR is a sport! Bwhahah!!
/me runs and hides.
JumpinDuo.com...news, pictures, skydiving and links.

actually, they're quite similar if you think of it... hours of nothing (running laps, running around the field), brief periods of excitement (a wreck and pit stops , a goal) followed by more boredom. that said, i would sooner watch a nascar race than a soccer game. imho, some sports should be played, not watched..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
bunky
get crazy, before it gets you.

Some people here think NASCAR is a sport! Bwhahah!!

Well Mr. if you don't think NASCAR is a sport. I want to see you climb into a 800hp machine with temps reaching 120f inside the cabin along with engine temps blowing against you and 2 to 3g's of force slamming you into your seat for 3 hours and 500 miles dodging wrecks and idiots {Gordon} along the way... Hey ya know this kinda sounds like my compute through Houston traffic everyday.

What ever, Soccer Sucks!!!!

Here Here, I second that thought!!

800hp machine with temps reaching 120f inside the cabin along with engine temps blowing against you and 2 to 3g's of force slamming you into your seat for 3 hours

Yeah, I think I dated her...interesting girl, fun in bed though...
Aerials
So up high
When you free your lives (the) eternal prize

Well Mr. if you don't think NASCAR is a sport. I want to see you climb into a 800hp machine with temps reaching 120f inside the cabin along with engine temps blowing against you and 2 to 3g's of force slamming you into your seat for 3 hours and 500 miles dodging wrecks and idiots {Gordon} along the way... Hey ya know this kinda sounds like my compute through Houston traffic everyday.

Where will they let me? Sign me up, Slappie!

What ever, Soccer Sucks!!!!

...only to those who don't/can't appreciate it. :)JumpinDuo.com...news, pictures, skydiving and links.

Hmmm, I was already wondering what the US team was doing there in the first place...........
They're playing real soccer, it's no place for an amateur soccerteam.
Just 2 weeks for the TourDeFrance starts, with my favorite, Lance Armstrong. That's real sport. Chasing a ball isn't. Try to explain what the fun is. They do everything they can to get the ball, and then, when they have it, they kick it away again....?????? CONFUSING...

Hmmm, I was already wondering what the US team was doing there in the first place...........
They're playing real soccer, it's no place for an amateur soccerteam.
Just 2 weeks for the TourDeFrance starts, with my favorite, Lance Armstrong. That's real sport. Chasing a ball isn't. Try to explain what the fun is. They do everything they can to get the ball, and then, when they have it, they kick it away again....?????? CONFUSING...

Ummm........ok.
JumpinDuo.com...news, pictures, skydiving and links.

NASCAR is motorsports for the moronic. It only takes mediocre driving skills. Before you argue, think about this:
They only have to turn in one freaking direction! :o
Come on, now. If you want to watch drivers with some actual skill, watch Forumula 1. The worst F1 drivers would soundly thrash the entire NASCAR field.
NASCAR = Overmarketed crap redneck racing
Formula 1 = World class driving and competition
So....
Do you want to know what I really feel? :D
Justin

NASCAR = Overmarketed crap redneck racing
Formula 1 = World class driving and competition

I cannot argue about F1 I don't watch enough of it. Probably about as much as I watch NASCAR... I was arguing the point of it being called a sport. I wasn't talking about the driving skills of the participants. Who cares..
I'd much rather watch a 1-1 tied baseball game then soccer though...

two points:
while it is true that most of the time nascar is a go fast, turn left sport, twice a year they do road courses. this weekend they are in sonoma at sears point raceway, and later in the summer they do watkins glen ny. check it out, it's pretty amusing to watch them. not as funny as the craftsman truck series on a road course, but still entertaining.
competition in f1? i'm not going to argue about the driving skills of nascar vs. f1, it's an apples to oranges thing. but competition? f1 race, whoever makes it to the first corner first, wins, and it's generally a shuemacher in a red ferrari, and it's generally by at least 30 seconds. in nascar, it generally comes down to the last lap or so, usually by 10th's of a second. a few years ago, the championship was won in the last 5 laps of the last race of the year!
f1 may be the cream of the crop technologically, but sadly, competition is lacking.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
bunky
get crazy, before it gets you.

I'd much rather watch a 1-1 tied baseball game then soccer though...

I cannot stand to watch baseball because of all of the "downtime". I guess since I played soccer in middle school, high school and some college, I can somewhat relate to whats going on during the game. Thinking about plays, thinking about strategy, etc.
With baseball or NASCAR or whatever...I have only seen them as a spectator or on TV and it is just so slow (baseball) or repetitious (NASCAR).
Oh, and I'm not one of those hardcore soccer people who are like, "Soccer is the "real" football and American football sucks!". I LOVE NFL and college football. I don't know anything about it (teams/players), but watching it is simply awesome. :)JumpinDuo.com...news, pictures, skydiving and links.

I LOVE NFL and college football. I don't know anything about it (teams/players), but watching it is simply awesome.

Where are you from?? Did you crawl out from under a rock one day and say "I'm an American!" ??? Now your actually scaring me..

Where are you from?? Did you crawl out from under a rock one day and say "I'm an American!"

Just because he isn't football fanatic? Some of us don't care at all about that stuff. It bores the hell out of me. Maybe the idea of getting a big beer gut while sitting stupourously in a feces-stained recliner drooling through 24-hour/day sports channels doesn't appeal to me. :S
Justin

Ok that was below the belt you sissy boy.. you and your hoity toity bullshit makes my skin crawl. I never ever once attacked you below the belt.
I say alittle creeper drag race.. is in order now. I aint skeeret. You pick the time and the place..
<>

I never ever once attacked you below the belt.

Nope. You save all your below the belt antics for Skreamer.

I say alittle creeper drag race.. is in order now. I aint skeeret. You pick the time and the place..

I ain't skeert neither! Are we going to use slingshots or race downhill?
:)Justin