ParaStyx

Just begon, still need some advise..

I am just new to skydiving and got my AFF license since beginning of this month.

As i want to jump several times a week (if suitable due to work) i am looking to buy some own gear (Helmet, Altitude meter, Jump suit) except for my container, main and reserve, which i will save money for a later term (as my chute will most probably get smaller after many jumps)

Can someone give me some advise about which gear i should buy..? For example; I need a helmet. Which one to buy? One with a closed visor? and why is expensive one better then cheaper ones? (Pro's/con's/etc..)

Or any advise in general?

Welcome to the Sport.

The helmet'may' depend upon the country that you jump in.

Some places you need a 'B' (I think) to wear a full face one - Usual caveat .. best talk to your local instructors.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

shropshire

Welcome to the Sport.

The helmet'may' depend upon the country that you jump in.

Some places you need a 'B' (I think) to wear a full face one - Usual caveat .. best talk to your local instructors.

Two things are important when buying a full-face helmet.

First, is it a comfortable fit on your head?

Secondly: can you see both your 3-Ring handle and your reserve ripcord handle?

I did a few Accompanied Freefall jumps with a student who had just bought a full-face helmet. He performed well on all our dives together.

Thank U Shropshire.

I know it is allowed in our country to have a full face or open ones. Even without a helmet is allowed, however i feel little more safe with one on my head.
Still have to find out what 'B' helmets are, and in which countries they mandatory.

Both advises are good ones, did not think about seeing my 3 ring system as well as my ripcord handle. Will surely think about it when i will look for helmet.

In Holland you're only allowed to jump without a helmet once you have a C-license or higher. If you're in Teuge shopping for gear anyway you can also check out Skydive Supplies, The Parachutecase can be pretty expensive and it's always nice to know all the options. For a (fullface) helmet and an altimeter you should also check out 'K Leef k-leef.com, Jan and Efraïm can be found at Teuge quite often (and Jan lives in the Hague, so you can probably also visit him there). 'K Leef sells the cookie G3 helmet, quite some people say it's the best fullface helmet on the market, and they have them in all sizes for you to try on. Good luck with finding the gear you like, and enjoy jumping in the winter ;).
"So I jump out, look up, and think 'Oh SHIT!...

It's PINK!!!'"
- army guy after his first staticline jump

Thank U Yvonne!

U look familiar by the way.. As i can remember, you are working as manifester/receptionist at Paracentre Teuge?

Martijn van Dam (ToraTora) mentioned K'leef earlier, i will certainly contact Jan or Efraïm for some advise!

Do you know some cons and pros about full face helmet or an open one? Don't know which one I should choose..
With full face much less noice and cold?? And maybe some condense??