rgoper

What's The Real Reason You Skydive?

I made a tandem because I had always wanted to try it, and loved the adrenaline rush which made me want to do AFF. I kept at because no other activity has scared me this much, and I wanted to master it. Right now I've got 29 jumps, and still have a sense of wonder at being able to simply throw myself out of a plane at 14K, fly for a minute or so treating the sky like it's my personal playground, and then land a few minutes after that.
I've only jumped at Byron, but if the people there are any indication, and all of you of course, then in general the people who skydive are just good people.
Plus in the back of my mind, I do believe that there's some ego involved and that I'm doing what very few others have done or want to do.

Most reasons I have read, I whole heartedly agree with. What often surprises me is being part of a community where without a second thought one skydiver will lend out the gear they spent so long saving for (or skipped paying a bill or two anyways) just so they can see what their gear looks like when it's up there. "Oh you're in from out of town, weren't planning on jumping, so you don't have your gear....here, use mine." That is so very cool to be involved in a family like that.

S.E.X. party #1

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "f*#k, what a ride".

For me it's all about the Yin Yang of it. that extreme fear right before exit. In the beginning the fear was oh god I gonna FUBAR my self . Now its oh god I hope I don't FUBAR this dive
To extreme elation of competing a perfect tippy toe landing or turning 10 points on a 4-way at about jump # 87

Blue Skies Black Death

basically I skydive b/c I want off of this planet.
so far gravity keeps winning!:(

one day I will jump and I will float into space. until then I will keep jumping to see if I can get off the damn "Island."(now I know how gilligan felt)

oops I think Im late for my medication....:S:P
My photos

My Videos

Seedy, get used to it!B| It comes back after every jump, even the not-so-pretty ones! After my first freefall last month (I'm doing IAD student progression, so it was only 3 seconds!) I grinned for three days straight!

Why do I skydive? Because when I'm skydiving I feel more like me than anything else I've ever done has. No masks, no illusions, no acts, no preconceptions. Just me, and that is a freedom I've never felt before.

And I hunger for the feeling of getting out of the plane. I've tasted this amazing intoxicating mix of danger and freedom and the pureness of living right now; I can't image living without feeling that again and again and again.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein