christoofar

Texas Students - Team NXperience!

Since there are many many jumper students in TX and A license holders here, I'm wondering if it would be a neat idea if we could convince a Skydive-U coach to head up a RW and canopy skills club for low-timers... team NXperience!

The thing is... once you get to 400 jumps you are kicked out. B|

Now that I'm thinking of low-timers like me... something funny came across my mind that was brought up at the San Marcos DZ:

Someone with some extra cash to burn and is also an awesome RW/Freeflyer should sign up for AFF classes at some other DZ... then somewhere around AFF level 4 start doing head down, transition to sit... swoop landing, basically any maneuver that would make the jumpmasters go... "WHA????" B|

sounds like a good idea except once you get over 2or3 to 1 ratio it becomes hard for 1 person to coach. When I started jumping last year Jeff McVey told me to jump with up jumpers and not do to many jumps with low people like myself at this point. I took it to heart and would sit all day waiting for Mike to finish 4 way practice. He would finish and we'd usually get 2 or 3 jumps in he would make me dirt dive for like 15 minutes always drilling the basics into my head. He never asked for any payment although I would buy him jumps every once and a while and he would always insist that I didn't have to. There are a lot of good RW people that will jump with you if you express an interest and can be patient at times remember their trying to improve too.

Now lemme see Dave and Lynaea, RD and Kara, Dennis, Tony, Marshall, Mark, Harry, Mike, and theres lots more. All of these people would probably be more then happy to jump with you but ya gotta ask

Where are you located at? Todd Spillers, the DZO for Skydive Aggieland is a Skydive U coach and he might be intersted in heading something like this up, I'm sure he could scare up a couple more Skydive U coaches to make it a successful seminar. :)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."