Recon424

Looking for SEWING MACHINES experts to help with 1st time buyer..

So im searching for all information as i can get on picking up a full loft set up of sewing machines. All information is welcome. Looking for a Light, Medium, Heavy machine also a double needle and bartack. All advise and information sharred is greatly appriciated!!

Hey Jerry really both questions pertain to my first post. I fortunately have been provided as whole rigging loft via the military and well venturing out of that world as a master rigger I feel it time to have my own fully functional loft where i can complete my work outside of those hours! Any information insight and points in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Hi 424,

. . . rigging loft via the military . . . my own fully functional loft . . .

I would suggest that you consider the same machines as you were using in the military loft as you are most familiar with them.

I'll try to get some sources later today; or when I get to it.

:P

JerryBaumchen

PS) This guy is a great source on types of machines for specific useage:

Mark Lancaster
Skyworks Parachute Service
2222 Buffalo – West Springs HiWay
Buffalo, SC 29321
864-429-8428
[email protected]

You might check DRMO's website for your local or other local bases. Machines come up for sale, you just have to keep an eye on it is not the most reliable. Knowing how to fix whats wrong with common military machines will help since they probably got turned into DRMO because there is something (although usually nothing major) wrong with them. I would say it would be a good bet for single needle drop feed, zig zag, and medium duty. Heavy and double needles probably don't go through that often. (i'm a military as well)