christoofar

Ignore the Media

I've just got back from the convention, and since I was round for both of the recent incidents, here's my take:

IT WAS FUN.

The media is looking to sensationalize anything to fill column space. I used to work on a newspaper and I was guilty of this crime numerous times. The locals don't really care about the fatalities, they have been enjoying an awesome show when they walk out of that Wal-Mart with their groceries and think to themselves... "damn, I love where I live!"

All the locals in Champaign, Urbana and in Rantoul that I have talked to have said nothing but kind and encouraging words about the convention, and were very kind, courteous and understanding.

I even got a nasty gash on my chin from one of those damned golf carts faking a turn into a bicycle I borrowed to go to Martini Shot Films. I was courted off to the hospital in Urbana for 15 mins of cleaning up road rash and a half-dozen stitches. An extremely supernice couple from Rantoul who happened to be visiting a loved one in ICU took me back to the airport... both had nothing but kind words to say about the convention.

So guys, with all the yellow-bellied journalism that plagues our sport, I'm fairly certain we'll be in Rantoul again next year.

I think we've found our new home!

In spite of the unfortunate incidents (My deep condolences to the friends and loved ones-)and a little negative press, it sounds like Rantoul may the home for WFFC for at least a few more years.
I didn't make it to the convention this year, but am looking foward to next year!
Glad to hear the public was so very warm and receptive!

Easy Does It