mccordia

My first real Skydive Video :)

I wanted to show my GF and overly worried mom what it is excactly that I do in freefall They've been up to the DZ a few times, but aside from me landing I was never able to show the most thrilling part of the jump.

So last saterday I had a video made.
Normaly you pay the jump for the video guy, but the best part was that the guy shooting the video (Malte Hoffman) sayd he had so much fun on the plane and on the jump that he didn't want any money for it at all.

I spent two evenings editing it (the ending is way to long, I know:) but I was curious what you thought of it.
I uploaded it to the ftp.skydivingmovies.com UPLOADS dir, and it's called mccordia_solo_divx.avi.

Jarno Cordia
El Hollandia

p.s. I know I'm not a freefall wonder, but damn if it wasn't fun :)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I see it there, and it looks to be about 16 megabytes. If your software supports it, you might try putting it in .mpeg format. It will make a smaller file that is easier to download. However, the AVI file has a lot more info in it, and actually is needed if one wants to load it to a DV camera (as far as I know).

Harry
I don't drink during the day, so I don't know what it is about this airline. I keep falling out the door of the plane.

Harry, FB #4143

Unfortunately the skydivingmovies.com site seems to be down at this very moment. :S

I believe the problem is just too many users. Some browsers just say the site is down when they cant connect. The server has a maximum of 30 or so concurrent connections. (whats the number, andy?). Each person is limited to 5 downloads (5 connections) at a time, so in other words, only a small number of people can connect at any one time. Keep trying, you'll get in soon enough.

Thanks for the upload! I'll be moving it soon... i'll post where...

Dave