mountainman

my roundup of Richmond THE Boogie..

Well, Laura and I showed up on Friday evening after a day of work, so we decided to just walk around and scope stuff out. Things looked good as I suspected they would.

On Saturday, we made a couple of jumps from Yankee Doodle and practiced some sit/stand jumps. We got the chance to meet FreeFlyFreaky (Whit) from Skydive America and Laura made a jump with him. The third jump of the day was out of the C-130. That was pretty awesome! That blast is just enough to make you appreciate slower stall speeds on the Otters and others.

On Sunday, we made two jumps each that were pretty much just some freefly practice stuff. Also, some of the Richmond guys did a round canopy jump. That was really beautiful. Sweet. Also, Laura and I made a jump with Whit that started as a train and then ended up as crap. Oh well, it was fun.

On Monday (today), we each did a coach freefly jump with Orly King. It was good practice and I learned a lot. Hopefully someday I'll be able to do more in a short period to actually get a lot of use from it.

All in all it was a great boogie. I only made 7 jumps, but it was still fun. I wish I would have/ could have made more, but oh well.

We also ordered some jumpsuits from FREEdom Means Choice. Karen was there and she was great. I can't wait to get them!

Anyone need some RW suits? :P
http://www.brandonandlaura.com

Anyone else care to put their Richmond Boogie info in here?!?

I was at Richmond from Friday to Monday and ended up doing 17 jumps. Did all freefly jumps except for a few tracking dives and flying belly for an attempted hybrid dive.

Learned that I am a good tracker. I was able to stay with the tracking group with just shorts and a short sleeved t-shirt on (actually had to go boxman a few times so as not to pass the group.).

FreeFlyFreaky took me on a HD exit and then we played around for the rest of the dive. My pro-track said I hit 171mph on that dive so that was cool.

Was on several 4 - 5 way freeflies organized by Jimmy from the Relative Workshops team.

Did several 2 way freeflies with various people that I met (or already knew) during the weekend (Amber, Michael, Wrongway, Olivier)

It was a good time for my BEER boogie. The only thing that sucked about it was the C130 load that I manifested for never happened, because they couldn't get enough people manifest for it. I was thinking about getting one of the shirts that said "I Jumped The C-130" and adding "Almost" in there before "Jumped", but I didn't. B|

Good weekend though, lots of jumps, all standup landings, and even got a few cool pictures (I think).

:)

"Your mother's full of stupidjuice!"
My Art Project

Things went well for me Helped set up for THE boogie mon and tues.

Packed throughout to make cash to jump made 10 jumps all freefly and they went really sweet.

Made my 100th saturday night sunset load, nothin special went up with two frends and had a saweeet dive to bad the battery died on nico's camera.

Demo'ed 139 & 129 crossfire 2's and they're very nice, i was really impressed by they're preformance, icarus just rocks!

Thats abotu it though got some ice water dumped on me and cake in the face. Good boogie with good people = Great Time

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man

I had a pretty good time at the boogie too! I jumped the c-130 at an exit speed of c. 230 mph, my exit was backwards and head down. Man how that thing slingshots you when you present to the wind. I felt like I was in the matrix. I think that I ended up with 13 jumps for the few days that I was there, Freefly,tracking, bellyformation, hula hoop and "All Natural" ;) The Naked jump was probably the most fun of all. Before I pulled though I had to do about a 700 ft enexpected package check to make sure that my jewels were in order. All in all it was a pretty good time. I'll be back next year with more $$

I travel the land, Work in the ocean, Play in the sky