pistmepants

crossfire 2 vs stiletto

pistmepants

Hey Peeps, thought I would throw some cash at a new canopy;). My questions pretty simple. would you get a stiletto or a crossfire 2 and why. Appreciate your thoughts, Cheers

What do you want it to do?

Without that your question is unanswerable.
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

pistmepants

Cheers DocPop, but I'm interested as to what canopy YOU would get out of the two and why.
e.g
do you get hard nipples over the consistent openings on the crossfire.... or do you like the "snappy" turns that the stiletto provides. smiley face

Neither, thank you. ;-)
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

Stiletto is the most fun flying canopy however I'd still go with a Crossfire2 due to its landings and opening characteristics.

The Stiletto turns fast, handles like a dream but it takes some dialing in to swoop the shit out of it. Its a shorter recovery arc so if its for swooping, you certainly can but be prepared to scare anyone watching :)
The openings on both are good the C2 is better. C2 has a longer recovery arc and is easier to utilize the power from a dive and turn into a swoop. It sinks in better, and is more forgiving of a less than perfect flare.

Mind you, if you don't wish to swoop, the Crossfire sinks in and lands easier. The bottom line is, Of the 2, I'd absolutely get the Crossfire2.

I have around 4000 jumps on a Stiletto and a couple hundred on a C2.

Typed on my phone sitting at an airport so hopefully that post is clear enough.

My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto