Maksimsf

Infinity with PR-281

Their sizing chart listed maximum reserve size 249, so I assume their sizes is not based on PD canopies (Make sense since Felix jumped VSE rig with Precision canopies in it) , I've been told that PR-281 will fit, but i don't want to ended up with reserve that feels like brick, especially all these talks about tight packed reserve deployment issues. I'm also looking at Wings W30 now, also Icon pro may be a good alternative if i add few options on Wings or Infinity. Any big boys jumping Infinity with PR-281?

P.S. Its actually very interesting to see that when you add options you need - some "expensive" rigs coming out cheaper than "budget" priced ones. I was never looking at let's say Talon FX, but after reading that "It is being re-certified to the latest TSO C23d standards, and will be rated to 150 kts and 325 lbs." and it's going for $2400 fully loaded makes me think that I need to spend more time researching.B|

I believe I spoke with you on the phone earlier today. You had made some mention about this sizing concern and I guess I didn't fully pick up on it. I assume you pulled these numbers from our website?

We do make a container to hold canopies larger than a 249. The 249 Reserve size is the largest for our I-7N series of containers (The N stands for narrow). We also make an I-7 series of containers that holds up to a PDR 281 (and down to a PDR 253). I didn't realize that the I-7 series of containers was absent from our website until seeing your thread.

Fear not, if you decide the Infinity is for you, you will not receive a container sized for a 249 that you must cram a larger canopy into. We have a rig with a larger reserve container to comfortably hold your 281. :)
-Tony
(253) 445-8790
Velocity Sports Equipment