blueskys25

cost of skydiving

S/L course to 'A' lic at our DZ will set you back about $1100.00. Thats 25 jumps and includes free coaching jumps to get all the requirements signed-off on the A-LIC card.

We fly a C-182 ..... with 4 jumpers its approx 2 gallons of fuel per jumper (@ 4.55 per/gal) so $9.10 in fuel cost if there are 4 on board ....with three its a little over 12.00 per jumper). Maintenance, inspections, oil, and insurance, and other aircraft expenses and you are looking at 8.00 to 9.00 per flight (divide that into a per jumper cost of say 2.00 per jumper)

OK plane cost is approx. $14.00 per jumper

Student gear gear amortized over the life of the gear is about $2.50 to 3.00 per/jump (2000 jumps)

OK.... we are at $16.50 per jump, and there are some real big expenses still not calculated in yet! Facilities, taxes, STAFFING costs, advertising, and the lists goes on!!!

Look at the above costs and throw in some of the other good points brought up by the previous posts and you can see that there is not much room for error when calculating jump prices.

How many DZO's do you see living life easy and big? Most work their butts off just to make a living. As has been said time and time again ..... if its really important enough ... you'll find a way 9I did).

Kent
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------JUMP SAFE!

we need to make the skydiving training more affordable here in the United States.:)

open wallet, jump, pack.........repeat:D:D

And I truly appreciate every one of those dollars, my young padewon. ;)

best money i ever spent. i know this because i am still alive.:ph34r: thanks chuck
Step into my (sub)terminal Playground

Typical cost to get a private pilot license in the US is around $7k.

It costs me around $3,800 a year to keep my plane BEFORE I put one drop of fuel in it.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Typical cost to get a private pilot license in the US is around $7k.

That's also about the costs to get into motorcycling with a low end model.

Yeah, but the new pilot has to pay extra for a plane;).

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Welll...I think Skydiving is a BARGAIN!!! ;)

Just completed a weekend of roadracing (motorcycles). Not cheap...especially when there is an incident over the weekend...easily $8 - $10 grand a year.

Keeping a boat? Not cheap either...roughly $7 - $8 grand a year for moorage and maintenance.

Even kart racing can put some in the red quickly... :P

I think Skydiving is the cheapest, most fulfilling "bang for your buck" sport around. Scuba is fun too - but more expensive.

If you want to learn and jump for a fair / low price...Lodi, CA is the place for you. Open every day of the year, and you can get AFF certified (S/L) for $500.00. ;)

Red Baron
www.kneeriders.com

Welll...I think Skydiving is a BARGAIN!!! ;)

Just completed a weekend of roadracing (motorcycles). Not cheap...especially when there is an incident over the weekend...easily $8 - $10 grand a year.

Keeping a boat? Not cheap either...roughly $7 - $8 grand a year for moorage and maintenance.

Even kart racing can put some in the red quickly... :P

I think Skydiving is the cheapest, most fulfilling "bang for your buck" sport around. Scuba is fun too - but more expensive.

If you want to learn and jump for a fair / low price...Lodi, CA is the place for you. Open every day of the year, and you can get AFF certified (S/L) for $500.00. ;)

Yup, my 03 R6 racebike is going up for sale in the next few days here to finalize the switch from racing to jumping. $1000 a weekend racing was just too much for me....
Less talking, more flying.