KawiZX900

mac users

i'm looking at a g4 tower anybody have any practical working knowledge of the system, and programs..

mac virgin

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

While looking for a G4, I was convinced that the G4 iMac was more than sufficient for my needs. Instead I bought an eMac because it was a lot less expensive.

I didn't feel the need for PCI expansion, so forking out the extra jump $$$ was just stupid. The only advantage I see with the G4 tower is built-in SCSI - coming from a PM 7100/80av, I've got lots of external SCSI devices. OK, so the tower has dual processor; but I'm not running a server here:S.

In all, I think the G4's a power horse. But a little too much pony for what I'll need.

My other ride is the relative wind.

i'm looking at a g4 tower anybody have any practical working knowledge of the system, and programs..

What do you plan on doing with the computer? If you just want to word process and surf, they are great computers, if overpriced. Macs are also really great for users who aren't [put delicately] especially good with computers [/put delicately].

If you are computer savvy, want to play the lastest games, and want to save some bucks, go with a PC. If you want an easy to use computer that will more than handle most common tasks and you have the extra cash, you can't beat the Mac.

looking to get into advertising, and film/photo editing, blending and all that and what not

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

As an owner of a web design/hosting/advertising firm, I can tell you there is no way you can perform in those fields with Windows. It's just handicapping yourself. Mac is the only platform for the creative professional.

For the heavy lifting, unix boxes. FreeBSD for the high end or Linux if you're playing around.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

is super drive worth the extra money?

would it be prudent to get the SSCI or the lower grade one