palejo

Vector Micron V344M canopies

Is there somebody out there with a 170 main / 160 reserve combination into a V344M?
Want to know if this is doable without compromising the integrity of the rig.
(I mean low bulk mains like Hornet, Spectre, Pulse)

What you are doing/contemplating is not advisable.
Microns are also not available/ listed in this size you have stated: "344"

your asking also if there is anyone out there who has done this,...
I HOPE NOT!
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

Is there somebody out there with a 170 main / 160 reserve combination into a V344M?

What you are doing/contemplating is not advisable.
Microns are also not available/ listed in this size you have stated: "344"

your asking also if there is anyone out there who has done this,...
I HOPE NOT!

Yes, they are available on this size: http://www.unitedparachutetechnologies.com/PDF/CHART_00037___Rig_Sizing_Chart.pdf

and

http://www.paragear.com/info/vectorsizingchart.asp
Alejandro
B27585

sorry I was so short early'er, trying to do two things at once.

The Micron's are generally for a smaller container, less than 310/326.

You are asking about a 344?, yes??
So if you can see the chart then you already know UPT dosen't reccomend what you are asking with the sizes you have asked about, unless ....you are speaking about the Pilot 170 / Op 160 combo only!

Do a search on this forum about "tight fitting," or "Full Fitting," and you can find a lot of info on this subject.

A Mr. John Sherman :)
Which is basically what you are asking.

I'd imagine that, and I would hope that you get help on this subject before those that will answer this question as you have asked it. It is kind of like holding up a sign that says something like: "I don't care about the manufacturers charts, I'm going to risk my safety and those around me by taking the time to answere this kids question, hell or high water."

I hope I'm wrong but if you have the chart already, you already know the answere!

If you are asking about a "Pulse" 170 and an "Optimum" 160 ONLY, then according to the chart you should be able to do it, but I have to warn you UPZT's idea of "Full Fitting" is literally a brick, it is going to be difficult each and every time you pack, and there may be some validity to what Mr. Sherman has to say regarding too tight mains.

You indicated in your question about a Spectre ?? as well as a pilot 170, I can tell you from first hand experience you don't want to even try sticking in a Spectre 170 into a 344. ;)

We actually did try to put in two "Full Fitting" canopies to see what happens, it's possible, and the chart reflects this, but it's not something I would do on a regular basis,...take the time to actually do this and you will see what I am speaking about.

If you stick with the pulse and Optimum in the sizes 170/160 I have noticed that the new UPT chart is very accurate, other factors like: defining what is too tight, or what happens if you change canopies? Now your stuck with a container that is demonstably too small?? If you want to put in a Saber 2 at the same size. Or is this another trickey way to downsize in the future?

I have noticed many post's on this forum from individuals that make their purchasing decisions based upon I want larger now, but I want smaller later...Other's have pointed out the folly of doing this...by pointing out everything should be around the same size, for your current level. I recently spoke with PD, and after my discussion I have sized my reserve based upon the rather dramatic statment: Size your reserve by thinking ""What if I am unconscious.."" Even if my AAD fires, If I'm knocked out, there's no way a 110 is going to keep me safe if I am unable to fly it! Just my 2 cents worth
C
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."