rifleman

190 main/reserve in H/C sized for 220/220?

I recently purchased an older rig that's the right size for me. It's sized for a 220 main and reserve but trying to find a used 220ish canopy that's not too old is like trying to find rocking horse manure. My CCI reckons I should be OK on a 190 and my rigger reckons the H/C probably has less than 400 jumps on it and is a bargain despite being 20+ years old (cost me £200)

My question is this - would I be able to fit 190 canopies in this without any problems or should I be looking for a smaller rig?
Atheism is a Non-Prophet Organisation

Bear in mind that not all 190 sq foot canopies will be the same size.

Factors which can make similar size cannopies have different volumes:

Fabric
___PD Optimum fabric vs regular 0-3cfm reserve fabric
___ZPX vs ZP

Design
___7 cell vs 9 cell
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

Bear in mind that not all 190 sq foot canopies will be the same size.

Factors which can make similar size cannopies have different volumes:

Fabric
___PD Optimum fabric vs regular 0-3cfm reserve fabric
___ZPX vs ZP

Design
___7 cell vs 9 cell

Lines
___Spectra
___Dacron
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

As I'm buying used it will probably be standard reserve fabric and a 9 cell main but probably ZP rather than ZPX.

ETA:

In general, would a 190 be too loose in this rig and cause problems or would it be OK?

I have 2 identical containers, one has a 220 reserve and a 210 main...the other has 190's top & bottom.

In my case the only discernible difference is weight and ease of packing the 190.

I also have a 170 I put in there, I just shorten the loop and pack it loosely in the bag.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I recently purchased an older rig that's the right size for me. It's sized for a 220 main and reserve but trying to find a used 220ish canopy that's not too old is like trying to find rocking horse manure. My CCI reckons I should be OK on a 190 and my rigger reckons the H/C probably has less than 400 jumps on it and is a bargain despite being 20+ years old (cost me £200)

My question is this - would I be able to fit 190 canopies in this without any problems or should I be looking for a smaller rig?

What a switch, generally this subject is how to stuff a too large canopy in a too small container and still answer the question: Will it open?

My 2 cents is to make sure that your able to adjust the main closing loop so that you have 8 or whatever lbs., opening force, that's USA pounds, I don't know what this is in KG, but I think you get the point! Find a rigger that can teach you this, so you can comfortably do this on your own.

Good luck and have fun!
C

:S What do you mean by "older."
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."