jraf

You shit eating fools - part II

So wormeaters, listen to this. Went biking today, and got really hungry. Hunger needs remedies, bless the children of Ethiopia.

So what do you Macdonaldian filth think of a little Thai?

1. Start with a perfect piece of Chilean Sea Bass
2. Mince fresh ginger root, unsalted jumbo peanuts and mix it all in honey
3. Baste bass in above and pre heat grill

4. Cut carrtos into stripes, add greens, green asparagus cut in 1 inch pieces and young leek

5. Start cooking jasmine rice

6. Prepare green curry with coconut milk

7. Grill the bass in aluminium foil, in it's wonderful basting

8. Saute veggies in the green curry with coconut milk
9. Serve bass aside the green curry sauteed veggies on a bed of jasmine rice
10. Splash down with white wine, my choice of the evening is Pinot Grigio.

And dont forget to shout with me: "Fuck fast food"

Salute...
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

Fuck Fast Food!!

I had Cheese on lightly tasted, heavily buttered Blanc Bread. It was served with a cup of creamed tomato. I washed it down with chilled tin of aged caramel flavored water.

In other words, I had grilled cheese sandwich, tomato soup, and a can of Coke.

Yummy!:ph34r:

Feel sorry for you my good man. Just imagine how the sharp yet delicate taste of veggies in green curry blends in with the jasmine rice. The pinot grigio cuts it as if by velvet tough and makes a brilliant transition to the moist wonderful fish with its sweet ginger peanut honey flavor. Man this place smells goodB|

jraf

Muff #3275

Ok, you asked for it. Quoted from another thread where I describe last night's dinner party:

Your parties are legendary (well, according to you, at any rate!;)).

Well, let me tell you about last night. We finally got the DZO and his girlfriend (who runs the video at the DZ) to drive up for dinner. We wanted to make it special.

Dinner began with a cheese plate. A goopy, creamy, french cheese called Eppoises (ask around any cheese nerds you know and watch their eyes get big.) Also served a chevre and a rosemary-encrusted manchego. This all accompanied by a magnum of borolo.

While the sauces reduced, we gave them a tour of the liquor cabinet. Scotches and cognacs and grappas were passed around.

Dinner proper was a tapas family-style smorgasbord. It included three flame grilled duck breasts in a tayberry, wine, and pomegranate syrup, grilled new zealand rack of lamb in a port and veal demi-glaze with carmelized onions, crab-stuffed imported pequillo peppers, jamon serrano wrapped prawns with hawaiian alae salt and green onions. Of course a lovely fresh green salad with more chevre, pomegranate seeds, and provolone and proscuitto stuffed peppers, and several more wines were involved as well.

Dessert was a store-bought opera cake with polished genache and a sprinkling of 24k gold dust. Coffee, more cognacs, ice wine, and a 25 year old grand marnier I bring out only on special occasions.

We outdid ourselves this time!

First Class Citizen Twice Over

But hopefully you drank, Barolo

Sounds most tasty though. I tend to keep the hard liquor to the minimum. I preffer to alternate wines, and serve a poetic sautern with deserts. If need be, there always is a sambuca around.

But admitted sounds superb, and I must say I adore duck!
jraf

Muff #3275

Yes, after a magnum and two 750s and a 375 and miscellaneous liquors, I mispelled the appellation of the first wine. Guilty.

Tonight I guess I'm not quite out of momentum. A pre-dinner snack was garlicky olive oil fried toast wedges with a shaving of tomato and crumbles of brandy-poached chilled foie gras. I topped each wedge with a crispy garlic slice 'cause I had them sitting around anyway. A tangy Oregon riesling was cooling after a sunday sitting around a toasty fire reading books.

Dinner is in the oven now. It will be a roasted guinea fowl scented with garlic and lemons. I'm going to make an apricot and orange glaze with the pan drippings. My boyfriend says he will contribute a light baby greens salad with some hot fried jamon serrano left over from last night. "The saltiness goes well with tomatoes," he says.

Dinner is in the oven now. It will be a roasted guinea fowl scented with garlic and lemons. I'm going to make an apricot and orange glaze with the pan drippings. My boyfriend says he will contribute a light baby greens salad with some hot fried jamon serrano left over from last night. "The saltiness goes well with tomatoes," he says.

I used to review restaurants for the Dallas Morning News. I can't cook, but I sure can eat. You guys are making me want to gnaw my own arm off.
Skydiving is for cool people only

Jess, when it comes to gnawing the arm raw, I find it a very drastic thing. My recommendation would be to make little incisions with a sharp knife. Insert garlic cloves in the incisions. Surround the arm with previously soaked prunes and whole leak. Bake till tender. Enjoy with hearty Burgundy.
jraf

Muff #3275

I've certainly done the garlic studded roast before, and it's yummy, but in a dry roasting situation I feel it insults the integrity of the skin, resulting in a drier meat and watery drippings.

In the case of a human arm, I would instead prefer to slow roast it over an open fire with uninjured skin and serve it with flavorful condiments. Of course, letting the meat rest after removing it from the heat plays a large role in distributing the flavors and getting a finger-picking texture.

Condiments? Perhaps a thai salt-and-pepper sauce with lime and lemongrass? A moroccan raisin and almond paste? I wouldn't turn down Indian chutneys and stuffed dried chilis. Human meat is so flexible!

Hey jraf and narcimund, you should share more recipes! The food sounds absolutely wonderful! I just finished dinner, and these foods made me want another dinner. By the way, I had some sliced turkey breast, and a really great salad, I don't much care for fast food junk!

Edit: Stop with the human arm eating, okay, that is a disgusting thought.

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Sorry, just one more. My boyfriend wanted me to throw in his version.

"Deboned, deskinned roast of upper arm. Wrap in brioche with an onion and garlic compote. Rotisserie in 350 degrees then serve sliced with a port reduction."

I think a madeira reduction might be better, but we could experiment.

Creature of small faith: Food is never wrong, and human flesh if served properly can be juicy and quite tender. Must lean to a full bodied South African red with it though.
jraf

Muff #3275

Guinea fowl. I've never had it before, but it appears quite dark through the skin. I burned the orange/apricot sauce ('cause I was at the computer posting to DZ.com!) so I'm just going to use the leftover duck sauce from yesterday. That's tayberry, pomegranate, and red wine with rosemary and thyme.

Sorry, just one more. My boyfriend wanted me to throw in his version.

I'm trying to picture this conversation.

[you, at the computer]: "Oh, [name], how would you prepare human flesh?"

[him] "Narci, something you want to tell me about?"

[you] "A question came up on dz.com"

[him] "Oh, why didn't you say so?" (considers and answers question)

:|