DZBone

What do you call soda?

I call it soda. like a normal person.:P

Pop is what hicks call it.

Calling it Coke is like calling all beer Bud. Imagine drinking a Guinness & saying you're having a Bud??

Only old people in New England call it "tonic". People under 50 usually call it soda.

Other weird shit New ENglanders say:

Grinder = submarine sandwich (another old person thing)
jimmies = chocolate sprinkles
"So aren't you!" actually means "So are you!"
"I could care less about x!" actually means, "I couldn't care less about x!"

and instead of saying "What are you, an idiot?!"

They say, "What're you, retahded?!"
:D

Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Speaking of weird New England shit... Do you ever see that chef Emeril on the Food Channel?? I'm pretty sure he's from New England (based on his accent). He appears to be in his 40s or so, but he keeps referring to the refrigerator as an "ice box." And I have never heard anyone younger than mid fifties or so call it that. Is Emeril even old enough to personally remember ice boxes??
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I hear you bro'

The REAL New York,, IS the CITY,,, and Long Island
B|;)B|
EVERYTHING North of Westchester.
is UPSTATE.,,, even if it's closer to Downstate,,Than it is To Upstate....hahaha
and THEY are the ones who call it POP . As I said jtval,,, we always said soda.... signed jtv ino :)

Do you ever see that chef Emeril on the Food Channel?? I'm pretty sure he's from New England (based on his accent).

Oh, gawd, yes. He's from Fall River, I think. His accent would be influenced by Portuguese (aka pork-n-cheese).

Conan O'Brien has family in Rhode Island,
The Farraley Brothers (Dumb and Dummer, Something About Mary) are RIers
Leo LaPorte's mother lives in Pawtucket, RI
'Grace' from Will and Grace lived in RI when she was in High School

There are others... ;)

Whoa Whoa....Are you saying that I am Arrogant???
Read my post again,, bro',,, because what I said,
is simply that the Real NY is best defined by the City of NY, ..
I never said NY is "THE CITY"...but that is how YOU seemed to read it........:S
I also say POP,, ( since I have lived upstate now for 30 years) so are you saying that I am a Hick????:(,as per your earlier post???
I sure hope not pal........:|. peace....
jimmeettee A 3914...D 12122

Jessica, I am in agreement.

Want something to drink? a Coke, or something?
or something can mean - alcohol, milk, water, ...

Reading this thread has been an experience in many ways. It seems to go differently depending on what side you were on during the Cival War.

The wording Pop is a violent word to me thus alarming, its an action word. So I dont like it.

Soda is something you get MD20/20 out of your shirt with, I think. At least as best I can remember from the new shows on Trailer and Garden TV. This Old Trailer, Trailer Gardens by the inch, and Martha's Trailer.

I did not know that there was a Mntn Dew Code Red, and some of these Fanta flavors.... [:/]

Although RedBull is sponsoring quite a few skydivers. It is not mentioned. Nor is SoBe.

In case in one cares. I like a cup o' Joe in different ways depending on what time it is. First thing in the morning, I like it real CRUNCHY with milk and double sugar. B| That is MY jet Fuel.

~AirAnn~

It is all Coke, the product Coke is called Coca Cola and I grew up in New Mexico.

not anymore. they have always had "COKE" out there! it is the same thingas cocacola but the name COKE was derived form COCA cola(b/c the original recipe had some COCAINE byproducts in it..or at least thats what the discovery chanel says!;))
My photos

My Videos

Soda or pop or I'll refer to it by brand - Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper.

I'll have a Coke please...Will Pepsi be ok? If I wanted a F#@KING PEPSI,I would have asked for F#@KING PEPSI! I want a COKE! please.:D There is no substitute for the REAL THING! Ok, I'll have a Dr. Pepper.

Conway 1097B|