Kalrigan

Gear shopping.

Hey guys,
So I've been looking into buying a few pieces of gear throughout this horrible winter, that way they will be here and read when next season starts.

I'm grabbing a Cookie G3 for a full face helm, and having a hard time deciding on the color.

How do you guys decide the color of your gear? Stuff matching? Like jumpsuit and helm matching or do you just pick colors based on what you like on that specific piece?

Just having a hard time deciding on a color for my G3 hah.

Also, is it hard to find a white jumpsuit? Based on the answer to this, it can help me a lot with deciding on the color of the helm.

You're not fooling anyone by wearing a white hat!

I love it when you "old farts" go after each other.

OP. Think about this.... Unless you're buying all new gear, color is of little concern. I'd recommend you finda good used rig (regardless of color) that fits you and will suit your needs for the next 500 or so jumps. Then, You can order a jumpsuit, helmet, gloves, canopies, etc to match.

:P Just remember, do not start out with Pink like the posters above...
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

Ever wonder why ya don't see a lotta students with WHITE jumpsuits?? :ph34r:

Yeah it makes sense I know, but they look so nice. :(

Black helmet goes with any colour jumpsuit

You're right I know, black does go with anything. It's why I'm leaning towards the gloss black G3.

You're not fooling anyone by wearing a white hat!

I love it when you "old farts" go after each other.

OP. Think about this.... Unless you're buying all new gear, color is of little concern. I'd recommend you finda good used rig (regardless of color) that fits you and will suit your needs for the next 500 or so jumps. Then, You can order a jumpsuit, helmet, gloves, canopies, etc to match.

:P Just remember, do not start out with Pink like the posters above...

Well I am buying pretty much everything except a rig. I just got my Solo, and I was advised to wait it out until I have around 70-80 jumps before getting a rig since at that point I will know what I actually need and I'll have better understanding of things. Hence why I decided to buy the other stuff right now and get a rig later.

Or is that not a good idea?