riggerrob

Beiseker, Alberta

What is CAPS anyway? I know it stands for Canadian Association of Professional Skydivers, but other than that... They don't even have a webpage per se, as I understand. They do, but it's under construction.

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

Beiseker, Alberta
Has anyone llese heard the rumors about Jim Mercier retiring, Ken Broach buying the place and the whole gang joining CSPA?
Whatever happened to CAPS?

Hadn't heard anything about Beiseker, but there
was a discussion on CSPA chat about CAPS 3rd Party
Insurance not being renewed, resulting in CAPS
being no more.

Looks to me like CAPS is probably defunct. Apparently the CAPS third party insurance was cancelled by one of the directors without anybody else's knowledge a while back. Christine Mank (a strong CAPS supporter from the beginning) thinks it is over. So, something has happened but I have no definitive news.

Jim Mercier getting out of the sport is pretty big news.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

What is CAPS anyway? I know it stands for Canadian Association of Professional Skydivers, but other than that... They don't even have a webpage per se, as I understand. They do, but it's under construction.

This link for CAPS has been up for years on Vancouver Skydive website:
http://www.vancouver-skydiving.bc.ca/links.html
or:http://www.skydive-caps.com

Smiles;)
eustress. : a positive form of stress having a beneficial effect on health, motivation, performance, and emotional well-being.

I have heard 3rd. party liability for individual members has been cancelled for CAPS, but not heard if that means CAPS is defunct/ re: my home d.z. is Vancouver Skydiving (member of CAPS)

Smiles;)

eustress. : a positive form of stress having a beneficial effect on health, motivation, performance, and emotional well-being.

Like Push said, CAPS' site is under construction, and has been for quite some time now. Did you try clicking on the link you posted?

very strange, could someone else confirm-

http://www.skydive-caps.com

I get CAPS website, why wouldn't you??????
Smiles;)

You might have the CAPS pages in your browser cache. Try flushing your cache. I get a page from Network Solutions saying this domain name is registered with them. I think they have let their domain name lapse. Which is possible if they have stopped operating.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

You might have the CAPS pages in your browser cache. Try flushing your cache. I get a page from Network Solutions saying this domain name is registered with them. I think they have let their domain name lapse. Which is possible if they have stopped operating.

Thanx Murrays,
My hard drive fried for Xmas, and I have just restored a new one (2003)....cannot understand how my browsers cache could have caps pages- will try what you have explained though....

Smiles;)