jzzsxm

Trade some labor

I hope this is the right place for this. It doesn't quite fit in "Classifieds." Tell me to go pack sand if it doesn't belong here.

I snagged the Stratos Rig Backpack today

http://www.redbullshop.com/redbull/en/rb-stratos/rig-backpack-mission/v/M-109044?ctcCategory=rst-accessoires&pi=2

but the three-ring system looks a bit dodgy.

http://i.imgur.com/d73Wa.png

I'm looking to have a rigger (or somebody far more competent than me) replace it with a real three-ring release. Whether it actually has a handle/cable housing is dependent on whether that'd actually be possible/feasible. At the very least, I'd like the three rings to be correct and to actually have a loop go through the small ring and the grommet.

This is the three-ring hardware combo I'm looking at, H3800B on paragear, and it's corresponding rings.

http://www.paragear.com/templates/base_template.asp?group=244#H3800B

I'd buy all the hardware needed and ship it to you and you'd do the modification.

I can't afford to pay for the modification labor, but I'll gladly trade you labor. I work at a shop (machine, woodworking, general purpose) and can build you things. Similar deal as with the rig modification, you tell me what you want, get me the materials (or give me money to get them), and I'll build it. I've got a CNC router (great for custom creepers, signs, etc), CNC mill (great for engraving, hollowing out power tools so you can put ash in them), and all sorts of other stuff.

http://5witsproductions.com/index.htm

Anybody up for the trade/challenge? Thanks a ton guys!

Just curious, are you planning on making this load bearing?

Any local master rigger could probably do it pretty easily. It doesn't take much to build a 3 ring release (and make properly). I'd expect it to take a maximum of a couple hours (much of that being the measuring and setting up of the machines)

If you have access to a decent machine, you could easily build your own and have it look pretty good (but I wouldn't suggest this if you actually intend on any sort of load bearing);)

Either way, good luck! I'm surprised that the backpack is so inaccurate in that aspect... but then again, not really.

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Just curious, are you planning on making this load bearing?

Any local master rigger could probably do it pretty easily. It doesn't take much to build a 3 ring release (and make properly). I'd expect it to take a maximum of a couple hours (much of that being the measuring and setting up of the machines)

If you have access to a decent machine, you could easily build your own and have it look pretty good (but I wouldn't suggest this if you actually intend on any sort of load bearing);)

Either way, good luck! I'm surprised that the backpack is so inaccurate in that aspect... but then again, not really.

No load bearing at all, just aesthetic.

I don't have a machine myself, nor do I have skills worth trusting when performing surgery on a $200 backpack, otherwise I'd do it at home.

I don't have a machine myself, nor do I have skills worth trusting when performing surgery on a $200 backpack, otherwise I'd do it at home.

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Well, $170, but yeah. It was almost an impulse buy, so I waited a week. During that week it sold out and I found myself upset. Now it's back in stock and I still want it, so I pulled the trigger.

Hi jzz,

From looking at the 4th photo, there are no risers.

If you can live without risers, then it might not be that much work.

Have whoever wants to do it to look very closely at the 4th photo to see what has to come undone & what has to be built.

It looks fairly simple from here, just viewing the photos.

Best of luck,

JerryBaumchen

PS) Risers might run you $100 or more, just for them.