Tonto

USA - Should there be a pre emptive war against Iraq?

I gotta tell you, with every county throwing around the "p" word, it's really starting to look like WWIII could be a near reality. I'm not going to go into a long post of parallels, but look into the events, postures and positions leading up to the previous WWs.

Currently, NATO, comprised of the most powerful military treaty and partnership to ever exist is divided and could possibly collapse.

UN considering sanctions against N. Korea (Japan's justification for attacking the US at Pearl)

N. Korea has broken international treaties regarding nuclear weapons (as have India and Pakistan).

N. Korea has ICBM's with nuclear war heads and has threatened pre-emptive attacks.

Japan has stated it will pre-emptively attack N. Korea if it feels there is a possibility they might launch ICBMs.

The US is all over the middle east preparing to invade Iraq.

Internationally linked conflicts in: Phillipines, Indonesia, Ivory Coast, Zimbabwe, Columbia, Afghanistan.

World economy in a slump.

And now a "serious threat" of impending terrorist attacks. Can you say match to powder? Depending on who the target of the next attack is and how they react will have a lot to do with how many people start to die in retaliation.

Kind of makes you miss the relative tranquility of the Cold War.

There certainly was more clarity during those days. [:/] I don't know if I'd want them back though.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!