mountainman

OSU offers skydiving ...

Its going to be interesting to see how and where the class is offered since the one DZ they went to closed, and I was thinking trips of over 100 miles had to have additional waivers (at least thats how my school operated).

How much prep work for a tandem do you really need? 3 classes worth?
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Rad., but what if you are already licenced? Go tandem or GO home? or fly video assist for the other students?

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

Knowing most the members of the OSU club (or at least I did last year) none of them jumped camera. Most the members were only making 30-40 jumps last year anyways. I think 2 or 3 were doing a lot better then that but face it, if your already a licenced jumper you don't want to drop down $200 for a credit hour towards a jump when that 200 can mean 10 jumps.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

the osu advisor jumps at my home dz, aerohio, thats where he sends all his students too, its a pretty cool program, the people are great, the advisor is all about helpin people be better skydivers, he helped us at collegiate nationals when we went, i have a good friend in the club, he says unfortunately almost no one goes to the club meetings anymore though,
anyways... see ya up at aerohio once the weather is good enough!

The Professor for the course is a very cool guy: Brian Smith. Met him in Eloy, AZ during the Holiday Boogie and got a chance to do an impromtu 3-way Bird-Man jump with him.

My specialty is Neuroscience and Molecular Biology at the University of Florida. Turns out he was lecturing for the Depertment of Neuroscience at UF a few weeks later.

Small world, this sport reveals!

Cheers,

--Jairo
Low Profile, snag free helmet mount for your Sony X3000 action cam!