aneblett

Life... you have the remember to laugh.. even if it after the crying.(long)

Hi all.

I haven't posted on here much in the last little while but I need to talk right now and it is 3:46 in the AM and well I feel like sharing.

I recently graduated from school (May 2002) with a degree in Computer Engineering. School was tough fo me and I spent a lot of time there. Once out with the current climate of the economy there were/are little or no Jobs available in my field. So I scraped by with my part time job living like a student. Bills threatening to sink me.

Then in late december a ray of hope. A small company that my friend works for is looking for another "engineer" to join them and my friend recommends me. A few interviews later I have a (real job). Things are good and work is ok.

I order a new voodoo, and buy a reserve. Still haven't found the right main. But for the most part even though the bills are still around they are managed and all is right with the world (well it isn't but that isn't the purpose of this post).

Last night my boss calls me into his office and tells me that due to a sudden work shortage that he is laying me off. He hands me a cheque for the last pay period + another cheque for 2 weeks and tells me that I don't have to come in for them. (Truth be known by law here he didn't have to give me that second cheque at all).

I thought that I would be more worried about not having a job and where my money will come from but I wasn't. I think laying me off was actually harder for him to do than for me to hear. I don't know if I am just numb to this too as I seem to be in other parts of my life or if I have developped somwhat of a good attitude and this is just another bump in the road.

In any case I thought I would share.

Well The new Voodoo is paid for, and so is my reserve, and cheque number 2 is more than enough to cover bills and a used main so I guess things aren't as bad as they could be.
;)

..It is far worse to live with fear, than to die confronting it.

"Well The new Voodoo is paid for, and so is my reserve, and cheque number 2 is more than enough to cover bills and a used main so I guess things aren't as bad as they could be"

AND, you now have some worthwhile experience to put on your resume, and a person who would no doubt provide a reference for you.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

if the voodoo and the reserve is paid for, I say you should have a huge smile on your face. A lot of people don't have that! PLus, you got some experience. Good luck! I am searching too...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The mind is like a parachute--it works better when it is open. JUMP.
MaryRose

I think it's that way for a lot of us...
Skydiving re-arranges your priorities...
Trival things like jobs and family take a backseat!

remember...you were lookin' for a job when you got that one...
...this time your resume is even better!

Best of luck!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Age, hang in there. And see if you're eligible to apply for unempolyment. It won't be much, but it might keep those bills at bay a little while, and give you enough time to get a better job and keep moving forward.

Glad to hear you're not laid low by this. And that you're still smiling...here's one for when you don't have one handy::)
Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Yes people looked at me funny when I said that I was buying some new gear. I am sure that they thought it funny that I wasn't immediately, frantically paying down loans and bills.

Looks like my shrewd ;) planning paid off. The bills will always be there but the summer is short enough here and so things will be fun with the new gear and all.

Besides. If worse came to worse and I had to spend the summer in a tent on the DZ... the bill collectors don't know about my airport home away from home...:D

S.E.X. party #2

Thanks for the good luck wish.

I have often believed in that adage. It is important to stay focused enough to see door number 2 opening, Otherwise you might miss it.