rgoper

Would You Take The Money Or Not?

Hi, Malachi...

I think it does make a difference, in a way. I mean, if you're hiring day laborers and nothing bad has happened, then you think you're "safe" doing so. If something bad happens, then you reconsider. Personally, I don't let any person into my home that I don't know well, but that's me...

Know what? I am going to get to the office, get some stuff done, and then come in and see if I can establish a time-line for this. There may not be enough info yet about Emmanuel Mitchell's work at the house, but who knows.

Richard...

Yes, the photos are very strikingly different. Of course, if I had been kidnapped 9 months ago, I'd prolly look a little different, too.
Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Exactly, that is what I am saying, no matter which came first, youmight reconsider. Unless you are saying perhaps, this was a former hire that stayed dormant for a long period and then both occured after they had actually stopped hiring drifters.
--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.

BUT...would you have a broad smile on your face less than 18 hours of release from your captors? personally, i thought it was in bad taste for the parents to allow her image to be captured, as it may portray something other than intended.
--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

I would definitely take the money. I've got needs, too, ya know...;)
But I have to agree with Keith, too. Something seems weird about this whole thing. I kinda think, though, that the weirdness exudes from Elizabeth and not from the dad. One report I read said that she had been questioned by polive several times and gave them a false name. Why would she do that? And like someone else said, why didn't she get up out of that tent and skidaddle is she was by herself? I don't get it...

edited to add the link to the article: http://msnbc.com/news/884413.asp

I'm with Michele on this. Having been a 14-year-old girl (albeit a very long time ago), it wouldn't be that hard to convince a sheltered one that if she's just a good enough girl, things will be OK.

When you're brought up to be a "good girl" it's hard to step outside the boundaries. And I have a feeling she was brought up to be a very good girl. As in, little willpower and submit to the family will.

I'd take the money and do much the same stuff with it that Michele did.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Thanks, Keith. I remember the Susan Smith thing really well...that sucked hugely. And yes, alligator tears, as they say. And I understand why you feel something hinky is going on...

Malachi

this was a former hire that stayed dormant for a long period and then both occured after they had actually stopped hiring drifters.

I don't understand what you mean....sorry, I'm being dense I suppose. I do recall Rici burglarizing something, at some time, from the home...but I can't recall if they knew it immediately, or not. Further, if you didn't perceive something as a risk, you might continue that behavior until something occurs which demonstrates that risk...which is why it would be interesting to see if Mitchell was there before or after Rici (??that's the guy, right??), or before/after the burglary.

But I have to get to the office now - so will be back later...

Ciels-
Michele

would you have a broad smile on your face less than 18 hours of release from your captors?

Absolutely. Being reunited with the people who love me and those I love beyond all others I would be smiling right out of my skin. To feel the arms I've wished for, to see the faces I've dreamed about? You bet your pants on that. To know that I was where I belonged, coming home to my own bed, shower, and living room? I would be electric.

And now, I am literally out the door....

Ciels-
Michele

Yes: 30 votes @ 52%
No: 5 votes @ 9%
ru crazy?: 23 votes @ 40%

so, i guess there you have it, a resounding 92% of us would have taken the reward money. i watched the Patty Hearst-Larry King interview earlier this morning, it was quite interesting. she floored me with a couple of things she said. she suggested the family hire immediate legal council, and instead of letting the media have access to her, shut them down and not release photos of any kind out to the public. the biggest thing she said that concerned me, she did comment on the photo of Elizabeth smiling after her return and mentioned when she (referring to herself) was returned she had no reason to smile. but i think this is probably because she was incarcerated immediately upon release, she said she spent more than 34 months in the pokey. YICH. all in all, something ain't right about the father. those crocodile tears were a bit much. wonder why?
--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

Ten grand...
Wow that would go a long way sponsoring my 4-way team. i suppose we would want to use some of it for help for other lost girls. But my gut feeling is this is a run away, not an out and out kid napping. Here in Oregon last year a 17 yo girl left her jeep abandoned with her dog locked up and her purse, keys ect scattered around to look like an abduction. She was found in Seattle partying with her 25yo boyfriend. She knew she would not have her parents permission to go to Seattle so she faked an abduction. What a dumb ass. Especially since two other girls were missing and had been murdered.

Don't run out of altitude and experience at the same time...