goose491

Buying a ditter in Ontario, Canada?

Hey Justin,

How you been?

I'm trying to avoid having to pay duties. I'm sure there must be dealers in Canada... Ontario is not a must.

Have you been up yet this season? I have yet to repack... getting anxious though. I heard they are going twin-otter all summer at Burnaby this year. Is that true? If it is, I'll be spending many a week-end there.

All,
Sorry I'm being a bit of a troll, gotta sign off and leave for a birth-day dinner. I'll be on tomorow again though.

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

i just ordered a new dytter and altiII for christmas, there was very little duty, but the exchange was a killer... it came to about $520 CDN to put it in my hands.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

I heard they are going twin-otter all summer at Burnaby this year. Is that true?

Sure is, arriving May 2nd for the season.

SHWEEEEET! I'll be there bud!

BTW, there are some gear dealers who are willing to work with the no duty thing........

Yeah, but if Canada customs decide to open it and assess it, I have to eat the cost. I JUST picked up my new FF1 helmet from 2kcomposites (I love it BTW) from the UK, their website says "No import duties to be paid" but Canada customs still opened and assesed and charged me $150!!! I have a claim form to get it back but I'm sure it won't be without hassle you know?

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!