DickMcMahon

The first part of the word "funeral" is "Fun"

A guy named Steve Clay from Coos Bay was killed in the crash of a small plane near here last week. He was one of those kind of guys who always went for the most he could get out of life. I wish I had the chance to introduce him to skydiving ... he would have loved it.

Steve had a motorcycle and a Corvette among other things, and liked moving fast. He was 54 years old, and a bit of a rebel while being a prominent businessman ... and was just married 3 weeks ago.

The church was packed at the funeral today, and when his son spoke from the altar with tears in his eyes, he turned his head toward the casket and said ... I think what dad would want me to say right now is ... "LOOK, HE'S MOVING!"

There was a lot of laughter, but I think everyone in the otherwise solemn ceremony was a little surprised.

There were a lot of more laughs as the ceremony progressed. His son had a lot of guts to start things off that way, and it was probably EXACTLY the kind of send-off Steve would have wanted.

COOL! Im glad to see someone can still appreciate good humor. If I ever die ( i doubt i will)
I want my FUNeral to kick ass with stories of cool things I may have done!
etc..

not what I missed out on. sorry to hear your friend has passed but live as he would have. with a smile in your face!
My photos

My Videos

hey i went to school with cory, (steve's son)
they both were quite the jokesters. even in death this fit right in with their style it is unfortunate what happened to steve, but his memory will live for a long time, he was very involved with his sons and the school. i read about this and it is exactly what steve wanted

My uncle sent my mom a remote control whoopie cushion before he died. He knew he was dying and wanted her to put in his coffin and set it off at some point during the wake. That was just part of his humor, but most of the people there would not have appreciated it!

My mom brought it with her, but did not have the nerve to do it!