scotty_j

Container sizing?

Was just wondering, in your experience, does container size vary from manufacturer to manufacturer? I mean the actual size, or I guess you could say the way it packs up. For example ... If you had a v306 micron and g4 mt, or whatever the equivalent is, with the same canopies would one container be smaller than the other?

Was just wondering, in your experience, does container size vary from manufacturer to manufacturer? I mean the actual size, or I guess you could say the way it packs up. For example ... If you had a v306 micron and g4 mt, or whatever the equivalent is, with the same canopies would one container be smaller than the other?

The pack trays are different dimensions, however if they're listed for the same size canopies, they will have about the same volume.

My Vector 3 looks significantly smaller than my old G3, despite being ~ 1 size smaller, it sure looked much smaller than that. Its all in how they're built.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Hi scotty,

would one container be smaller than the other?

I can only give you my thoughts.

It really depends upon the design criteria of the company.

Let's take three moderate sized canopies; a 135, a 150 & a 170.

Assuming you order a rig for a 150 canopy.

Company A might size their containers so the 150 (your canopy) will fit moderately. This would allow you to go up one size or down one size.

Company B might size their containers so the 150 is very tight (but workable) so that you could go down two sizes.

Does this make sense to you?

I know of one company that does their containers ala Company B; way too tight IMO. >:(

I would suggest you discuss it directly with the companies that you are considering purchasing from.

Best of luck,

JerryBaumchen

Thanks for t he input guys. first response was more what I was looking for. both containers same size/fit ... if company a and b both had the max/safe fit canopy. fir instance I have heard a couple of people say that the micron or infinity will be a physically smaller rig with the same canopy at a max fit.

I have heard a couple of people say that the micron or infinity will be a physically smaller rig with the same canopy at a max fit.

What you have to consider is your body size as well.
If you are let say 6ft, you might have some troubles reaching for the PC on a short rig. Or the other way around....

I think that the shortest rig is one of the new Talons. If my memory is correct, the rig was only 14 inches long. (the smallest size).

Jump Shack will make you a Power Racer with 15X9 inches backpad dimensions, which is still smaller compared to the smallest V 303 .

If you have an average body size, don't buy your rig based on the container dimensions. One or two inches longer or shorter, you will not feel the difference!

ETA.

One funny thing is that overstuffed small rig looks bigger than the next size bigger container with the same canopies packed inside.......and much uglier B|
"My belief is that once the doctor whacks you on the butt, all guarantees are off" Jerry Baumchen