aneblett

Birthdays,Friends,and Skydiving Chicks that ROCK!

Well it was my birthday today (May 20) and as usual I wasn't up to much. I slept at the DZ last night cause they thought there might be some midweek jumping going on and since I am unemployed I didn't need to be back in the city for anything.

My birthday isn't really a big deal anymore for anyone, my parents call but don't do anything, my friends are usually too poor and I just generally don't really let anyone know cause well I don't really know.

In anycase my first birthday surprise came as the DZO's wife baked a cake and brought it to lunch at the restaurant we were eating at. She had been home all day with a 5 month old baby so I am sure that was no small feat. If you ever read this Thank you Andrea you are a skydiving chick that rocks!

Then later in the day I do a jump where a do a tumbler of a downwind landing (semi-on purpose there will be more about it in another thread if youare interested or you can pm me). I got the voodoo dirty but it was bound to happen eventually. But my good friend Jay who caught the whole thing on video hands me a Jump ticket that reads "Happy Birthday Adrian (I have exclusive rights to your landing video). Couldn't jump more because of weather but my one jump was free.

I finally decide to leave and when I get back to the city and check my messages I find that I have messages from my little sister, my brother, my aunt my ex in toronto calls me as does my good friend "fool"(dz handle) from Ontario.

I call my friend Brian whom I was expecting to see at the dz today but didn't and he informs me that my most current ex (his daughter Jill) has gotten me something and that it is at his house and I should come and get it. Now I don't know if you all remember but we broke up because she was moving indefinitely to Taiwan to teach english but somehow she manages to wiggle and get me something for my b-day and what is it? A Dropzone.com T-Shirt:D I have wanted one forever but with the exchange and tax and shipping etc. I haven't done it.

She is truly a Skydiving chick that ROCKS. Even from Taiwan she managed to make my day.

I was telling someone about her the other day and when I described her as skydiving, riding motorcycles and not tripping out if I went to the strippers occasionally and wanted to hang out with my guy friends, the person I was talking to told me that she couldn't possibly exist. Then he amended that to say that if she did I should marry her.

After getting my present and hon the way home I get a call from my friend Lisa for whom I was best man at her wedding this weekend saying to show up at their place cause the boys were taking me out for sushi!
:ph34r:

What a great Day!

..It is far worse to live with fear, than to die confronting it.

HBBDTY Adrian!

Sorry I missed the ritualistic mudsplatting of the Voodoo - sounds better than the one I did by your description - and I've seen you run/tumble a landing before so this one must have been special. Pity it had rained ... I was on the other side of the lake playing with a chainsaw >:( at the family cottage. Damn oh damn why did we not build ofn the WEST side of the lake?

Sounds like the rest of your day went outstandingly well - I second your feelings on birthdays but that only makes the surprises that much better.

PM me on the downwinder - I'm curious. I can also tell you about my hop n pop from Hell :o as a lesson on stable deployments (Jay saw that one too)

Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)