Unstable

Completed Chest Rating + Chest Reserve Collection

I wanted to post my accomplishment of finally finishing my chest rating! I've been working on it off an on now for about 2 years, but I finally got out to Mt Vernon MO to spend a Saturday with Bob Fiesty and take the practical test. I started working on this additional rating as practice sewing for a MR qualification as well as sewing/repair practice. Easy exam, it was supervised by a representative from the FAA FSDO office in Kansas City who was responsible for A&P & rigging exams in this part of the country.

I've collected a number of chest reserves, all in beautiful condition:

1. 2 T-10R, 1 dated 1998 with the MIRPS installed. The second is from 1978 and in questionable condition.

2. Cazar Pop-top chest reserve identicle to it's Strong Enterprises Counterpart, almost Stitch-by-stitch. I rebuilt this as sewing practice with all new hardware, built new risers, and a new poptop compliments of Jumpshack.

3. United States Airforce C-12 Automatic Chest, complete with blast handle and working F-12 opener.

4. 1978 North American Aerodynamics Chest which I rebuilt with rotating cones (the Mil-spec MS22048-C1 grommets are hard to set without the obsolete die ~ I would love to find the die at some old army surplus joint)

If anything, this has been fantastic repair practice and a fun collection.
=========Shaun ==========

Congrats!

I recently packed a T-10 MIRPS - an interesting change from the older style chest mounts. (I had it easy -- being grandfathered in to pack anything according to the Canadian rules in place when I got my rating. There are more separate qualifications now.)

Hi Shaun,

I see in the T10-R photo you have your tension board hooked to the cross connector.

I am thinking that this is because the lines are directly attached to the snaps.

Faced with this years ago, I built the adaptor shown in the attached photo. This allows you to put tension onto the lines directly using your tension board.

JerryBaumchen