dropzonekid

Paul King

The death of Paul King has been extremely tragic for me. For those who did not know him, you have no idea of what a great guy you missed out on.He;s one in a million. Only being in this sport for 3 short years and being a true dropzone brat forever, I'll never forget June 6. Paul pushed me to be a better skydiver, when I wanted to just try it all at once he led me step by step to get better at belly flying and sat with me watched the videos and talk about the jump. It was much more than a dropzone interaction, we were very close friends outside skydiving and I'll never forget those times we had. It's the good people like Paul who make others feel so comfortable in the sport and always did it with a smile on his face. For anybody who has lost a friend,relative or spouse in the sport its really tramatic. Those 60 seconds of his last freefall seem like a lifetime now, and I feel very special that I could see that huge grin on his last jump. I'll never forget you, you'll always live inside me forever...
You'd be proud I made it in, you taught me so well!!

I have been to Pepperell about 5 times this past summer and Paul was one of the first people I met there. I didn't get to know him really well but from what I knew of him (about 10 jumps together and going out for beers afterwards) he was truly a great guy. He is also the first person who I've actually known personally who has passed away in this sport so this hit me pretty hard as well - I still have his number in my phone and his email address on my contacts list. I wish that I could make it up to MA on Tuesday or Wednesday for his wake/funeral, but working 7 hours away in NY makes that difficult. My condolences to his friends and family and all those who knew him.
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

My prayers go out to Paul's family and frinds. I was jumping when the news game to our drop zone. There were tandem students and AFF around so everyone just got very low key. Some of his close friends were very upset.

At first I thought about not jumoing anymore that day, but it seemed like I should make the next load and offer it to him. I never met him but we are all family.

Blue Skies Paul. I can see how many lives you touched.
"Cloudy Skies look different through skydivers eyes. Is that a hole in the clouds I see?" Let's get driving!

Blue Skies and Sweet Dreams