christopherm

Wild Sunday!

I did two crazy jumps this Sunday. The 3rd jump I did my first Birdman jump. This was awesome, but I'm not going to jump it anymore cause I don't want to talk myself into getting one when I'm trying to save up for ratings. [:/] Anyway, the guy briefing me talked me out of jumping my Stilletto with it and so I jumped a big ol' Sabre 2 150. The opening was crazy enough as is but then I had about 6 line twists. :o The worst part was that all I could do is just look up and watch it keep twisting. Luckily I kept the risers even and it never dived.

Then on the 5th jump we got inspired by the stories of blind people jumping. Soooo... ;) I taped up my goggles with several layers of duct tape and went jumping. I had them on the entire ride to altitude and had a couple of people jump with me. I had my DZO, Jim Cowan, who I've trusted since day 1, talk me down on the radio. This was f*ing scary :o since I had vertigo the whole time. I had both toggles all the way up but thought I was diving to the left! Cool experience though and almost a stand up landing on a Manta! B|
-So, how hard is the ground?!